What readers think of Ptolemy's Gate, plus links to write your own review.

Ptolemy's Gate

Jan 2007, 512 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Ptolemy's Gate

Felix

Write another book!
Please write another book with Nathaniel and Bartimaeus - I dont care what you have to say but just do it! I nearly balled my eyes out at the end! So please write another book with Nathaniel and Bartimaeus! Please please please please please pleaaaaaaaaaaasee!
Irene Chan

(A) Stunning end to an equally stunning book
Gosh! Where do I start. Its hard to write without giving the story away. What happens to Kitty towards the end was totally unexpected. Stroud uses a lot of foreshadowing, but I was so sidetracked by the witty endnotes that I didn't think so much of them.

Adults shouldn't be put off just because this book is only categorized under Young Adult (it's only because of the straight-forward style of writing used). The build-up towards the resolution was brilliant! The change in Nathaniel at the end was so touching. I emphathise with Bartimaeus at the end for he was helpless. He had to watch history repeating itself. With Ptolemy it was the same case. I was in tears as I shut the book. However, I won't be keeping my fingers crossed, hoping for a sequel because the last few lines sounded very final.

As with other good books that I've read such as, "The Earthsea Quartet" by Ursula le Guin and "The Abhorsen Trilogy" by Garth Nix, one can only hope that there'll be more great books like these published soon.
Hanta

Ptolemy's Gate
It's not very good it's genius! When I sat down and read it, at first it was a bit confusing. It's a book that you have to go with the flow otherwise your lost.

The perfect ending for a wonderful trilogy. This is the second best series I have ever read. Harry Potter being first. I highly recommend this book for young adults and maybe even their parents. The Bartimaeus Trilogy gives us a good view of how politics can work, trust and friendship. I say READ IT!!!
Valerie

Excellent tale
I am an adult, most of the time I even act like one, and I found this book series excellent. The final book of this trilogy is engrossing, and the leaves you wanting more.

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan
    Dr. No
    by Percival Everett
    Percival Everett's novel Dr. No follows Wala Kitu, a professor of mathematics at Brown University ...

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

W N, W Not

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library