Reader reviews and comments on Perfume, plus links to write your own review.

Perfume

Jun 1987, 361 pages
    Feb 2001, 272 pages

There is 1 reader review for Perfume

Karim Fanous

Olfactory sensation, it's a sweet damnation!
Olfactory sensation, it's a sweet damnation! This book is simply brilliant. Never before have I been grasped so intensely by a book. Especially considering how bizarre and twisted the story and concept are. I have a terrible sense of smell and to read the literal embodiment of all these scents is an epiphany, a real mind bender.

Suskind frames the world in a way that many of us will not have experienced before, not with landscapes and visualisation, but with references to smells! Not only are his descriptions vivid and powerful, but his story telling is first rate. You will feel this as you find yourself surprised as you begin to sympathise and feel sorry for a man who is at the end of the day a spiteful, jealous murderer!

Brush all the high brow aside, and this book is simply a great read.

I am a singer-songwriter and this book is one of my most faithful companions. I have read it so many times and found myself meditating on the concepts and writing so often that it has inspired me to write a song - please please please check it out and let me know what you think!!!!! You can find the song and more trivia about the book at www.myspace.com/patricksuskindsperfume

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Comedown