Reader reviews and comments on Perfume, plus links to write your own review.

Perfume

The Story of a Murderer

by Patrick Suskind

Perfume by Patrick Suskind

Jun 1987, 361 pages
    Feb 2001, 272 pages

There is 1 reader review for Perfume

Karim Fanous

Olfactory sensation, it's a sweet damnation!
Olfactory sensation, it's a sweet damnation! This book is simply brilliant. Never before have I been grasped so intensely by a book. Especially considering how bizarre and twisted the story and concept are. I have a terrible sense of smell and to read the literal embodiment of all these scents is an epiphany, a real mind bender.

Suskind frames the world in a way that many of us will not have experienced before, not with landscapes and visualisation, but with references to smells! Not only are his descriptions vivid and powerful, but his story telling is first rate. You will feel this as you find yourself surprised as you begin to sympathise and feel sorry for a man who is at the end of the day a spiteful, jealous murderer!

Brush all the high brow aside, and this book is simply a great read.

I am a singer-songwriter and this book is one of my most faithful companions. I have read it so many times and found myself meditating on the concepts and writing so often that it has inspired me to write a song - please please please check it out and let me know what you think!!!!! You can find the song and more trivia about the book at www.myspace.com/patricksuskindsperfume

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

Seven Days of Us
    by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F