Reader reviews and comments on Chew on This, plus links to write your own review.

Chew on This

awesome
I love this book!
summerrox1899

very interesting
This book was awesome. One of the best books I have read in a while. It had so many interesting facts. I could tell the author put a lot of time and effort into writing it! It was one of those books when you started reading it, you couldn't put it down! I give this book 2 thumbs up!
Roxy or not? (no its not)

Chew on a great book
This is a great book for your 10-20 Kids and adults. I read this book when I was nine and it was astonishing. I love it, Bugs in strawberry shake eww!
bookworm

i love it
I got this book from my school. I am in teen living so I got this my teacher loves it I do too. I hope I can get more cool books like this. It is great. ps:I will not eat fast food for a long time !!!!
Kathy Smith

Great book
This book is amazing! Phil- you are wrong. the Government really does solve all of our problems.

I love this book!
rachel

loved it!!!!!!!!!
It was amazing! I had to read it in health class and I will never eat fast food again! I had no idea how many chemicals were in my food until now. From now on I will only eat all natural, organic foods.
Tammi

Excelent Book
Chew on this is a great book, it teaches especially teenagers about fast-food. They're the one mostly eating fast foods. I would recommend this to all teenagers.
Phil Johns

Socialism Disguised as a Children's Book
Like most liberal programs, this author has good intentions when it comes to his desire to have children eating more sensibly. Without a doubt, fast-food is not a good choice as a regular diet for children or adults. Nonetheless, it is a choice each American should be free to make for themselves.

The author consistently shows his liberal bias throughout the book. On numerous occasions, he bashes corporations and praises the efforts of unions. He finally comes out and says all that the government to do (so much for freedom).

Interestingly, he contradicts himself by giving the real solution. Let the marketplace take care of the problem. If people are dissatisfied with fast food, they won't eat it. If people like it, let them eat it. It is not for the government to decide what is "good" for us.

This book would have been great if it would have left the politics out of it. It has eye-opening information about what can happen to your body if you eat too much fast food. Arm people with facts and let them make their own choice.

Unfortunately, this book is like so many others being read in public schools by our children. Many are indoctrinated that the government is the answer. How soon we forget the lessons of history.

• Book Jacket: Inland
    Inland
    by TĂ©a Obreht
    It's 1893 and the sparsely populated settlement of Amargo, deep in the Arizona Territory, is ...
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Conviction
    Conviction
    by Denise Mina
    Scottish author Denise Mina's latest novel, Conviction, is a fast-paced thriller narrated by Anna, a...
    Dread Nation
    by Justina Ireland
    The war between the states is over and, instead, a very different battle is being waged for the ...

Ellie and the Harpmaker
    by Hazel Prior

A rich, heartwarming and charming debut novel about finding love in unexpected places.

Book Club
America for Beginners
by Leah Franqui

A poignant debut that explores unlikely friendships forged in unusual circumstances.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Crudo

Crudo by Olivia Laing

A brilliant, funny, and emphatically raw novel of love on the brink of the apocalypse.

S A A B In A R