What readers think of Chew on This, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Chew on This

awesome
I love this book!
summerrox1899

very interesting
This book was awesome. One of the best books I have read in a while. It had so many interesting facts. I could tell the author put a lot of time and effort into writing it! It was one of those books when you started reading it, you couldn't put it down! I give this book 2 thumbs up!
Roxy or not? (no its not)

Chew on a great book
This is a great book for your 10-20 Kids and adults. I read this book when I was nine and it was astonishing. I love it, Bugs in strawberry shake eww!
bookworm

i love it
I got this book from my school. I am in teen living so I got this my teacher loves it I do too. I hope I can get more cool books like this. It is great. ps:I will not eat fast food for a long time !!!!
Kathy Smith

Great book
This book is amazing! Phil- you are wrong. the Government really does solve all of our problems.

I love this book!
rachel

loved it!!!!!!!!!
It was amazing! I had to read it in health class and I will never eat fast food again! I had no idea how many chemicals were in my food until now. From now on I will only eat all natural, organic foods.
Tammi

Excelent Book
Chew on this is a great book, it teaches especially teenagers about fast-food. They're the one mostly eating fast foods. I would recommend this to all teenagers.
Phil Johns

Socialism Disguised as a Children's Book
Like most liberal programs, this author has good intentions when it comes to his desire to have children eating more sensibly. Without a doubt, fast-food is not a good choice as a regular diet for children or adults. Nonetheless, it is a choice each American should be free to make for themselves.

The author consistently shows his liberal bias throughout the book. On numerous occasions, he bashes corporations and praises the efforts of unions. He finally comes out and says all that the government to do (so much for freedom).

Interestingly, he contradicts himself by giving the real solution. Let the marketplace take care of the problem. If people are dissatisfied with fast food, they won't eat it. If people like it, let them eat it. It is not for the government to decide what is "good" for us.

This book would have been great if it would have left the politics out of it. It has eye-opening information about what can happen to your body if you eat too much fast food. Arm people with facts and let them make their own choice.

Unfortunately, this book is like so many others being read in public schools by our children. Many are indoctrinated that the government is the answer. How soon we forget the lessons of history.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

Cecilia
    by K-Ming Chang
    In the first few pages of K-Ming Chang's bizarre yet engrossing novella Cecilia, Seven, the ...
  • Book Jacket: Women and Children First
    Women and Children First
    by Alina Grabowski
    After Lucy Anderson falls to her death at a high school party, no one in Nashquitten, her gloomy, ...
  • Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Win This Book
Win The Bluestockings

The Bluestockings by Susannah Gibson

An illuminating group portrait of the eighteenth-century women who dared to imagine an active life for themselves in both mind and spirit.

A W in S C