Reader reviews and comments on Theft, plus links to write your own review.

Theft

A Love Story

by Peter Carey

Theft by Peter Carey

May 2006, 272 pages
    May 2007, 288 pages

There is 1 reader review for Theft

Travis Ann Sherman (06/19/06)

Book of the Decade
Theft is everything I yearn for in a book. It is beautifully, lyrically written in first person and more amazingly for serious fiction, not serious -- not even a little depressing. Open the covers and you fall immediately into the bizarre modern world of art scamming, set in Australia, no less. Carey's Butcher boys tell a tale. That tale involves tragically broken metatarsals, burned down high schools, missing 1 1/2" from great art masterpieces, Japanese art buyers of dubious character, secret apartments in Manhattan. Throughout the Bones boys take turns telling their version, a Laurel and Hardy of great literature. The flavor of it lingers deliciously afterward.I can't wait to recommend it to my book club.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

A few books well chosen, and well made use of, will be more profitable than a great confused Alexandrian library.

K Your F C