Reader reviews and comments on The Tenth Circle, plus links to write your own review.

by Jodi Picoult

Mar 2006, 400 pages
    Oct 2006, 416 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for The Tenth Circle

Michelle (05/15/11)

Loved it.
I actually loved this book. I love most of her other works, and I fell in love with the father, Daniel. How he seemed to be this monster, trapped inside himself, but hidden away to protect his family.
shawna (03/21/11)

not up to par
I usually like her books. This one lost me halfway through. Trixie became less likeable, Laura more so and Daniel seemed to have lost and hidden his true self. I had lost interest when Trixie had run off and looked at the last chapter....very predictable and not a satisfying ending. I have only skipped to the end for about 4 books ever and am an avid reader and have read all of her other books. Didn't like this one at all!!
Barbara (01/22/11)

Didn't finish the book
I have read several other books by Jodi Picoult and was disappointed in The Tenth Circle. It just did not grip, and I didn't want to finish it so I didn't! Perhaps I'll read the last few pages!!
Kearstin (01/10/11)

The words in Jodi Picoult's book seemed to have jumped out at me, the realizations of the disconnection between children and their parents seemed to just draw me in like a bug to a light. The sexual conflict of a young girl being raped and not knowing whether it was real or fiction, and the lash out of an angered individual ending in death would be enough to send you from page 20 through the end, I loved this book it spoke to me as an individual and if you want a page turner this is your kind of book, I highly recommend it.
Cassie (12/12/10)

The Tenth Circle
It was a great read for me. Being a 17 year old, I know what it feels like to have peer pressure to look beautiful and to have my status based on that and the boy my arm is hooked with. It was also gripping for me to see the extent that a father would go to for his little girl. Daniel reminds me of my father, and he is my favorite character in any book so far. I can't wait to read more of Jodi Picoult.
Emey (07/28/10)

It was a well written book, but not as good as her others.

And you got the hidden message wrong. It's actually: nothing is easier than self deceit for what each man wishes that he also believes to be true.
Jan Brady (07/01/09)

The Tenth Circle: Jodi Picoult
This is an excellent book! It shows a very young a naive girl named Trixie who is very young and naive about dating. She does everything she can to make her ex-boyfriend stay with her. This is a great book for people who have ever been through a relationship that was very depressing for them, and read this book. It is also a very graphic book. It is a great book, I hope you enjoy it. Another book of hers is My Sister's Keeper. BEST BOOK!!!!!!! all of her books have a twist ending, like nothing you'd ever think about! AMAZING!!!!
Beth (01/25/09)

10th circle....ending disappointing
The storyline is really good....but the ending of this book was way too predictable...and disappointing. Instead of the loose ends of the book coming together gradually....the book abruptly ends. I've found that most of her books end this way. It's almost as if she was writing the book, and one day thought she didn't want to write anymore just finished it all up on one page. Probably won't read anymore of her books.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti
  • Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    So Say the Fallen
    by Stuart Neville

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.