Reader reviews and comments on Manhunt, plus links to write your own review.

Manhunt

Feb 2006, 448 pages
    Feb 2007, 496 pages

There is 1 reader review for Manhunt

Glenda York

Excellent recounting of historic event
James Swanson makes the hunt for Lincoln's killer read like a fast paced novel. He makes history come alive for the casual reader as well as giving the history buff a good read as well. After reading his book I dug out all the supplementary information about that episode in our history and have turned into a Lincoln buff! I always admired Lincoln, but Swanson did a superb job in pointing out all the sad comparisons between one of our greatest presidents and the conspirators that helped Booth pull off his dastardly deed. Great read.

John Wilkes Booth

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

Where the Light Enters
by Sara Donati

An enthralling epic about two trailblazing female doctors in 19th century New York.

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R