Reader reviews and comments on Spinning Straw, plus links to write your own review.

Spinning Straw

The Jeff Apple Story

by Phyllis J. Green

Spinning Straw by Phyllis J. Green

• Paperback:
    Jan 1999, 196 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Spinning Straw

Jill

Gave me a new perspective - and there's hope.
I have lived this story as my son is also self-injurious and autistic. My heart was breaking for Pat and her family. I was thrilled that she was able to lean on God and found things to celebrate in her situation. Their courage and wonderful attitude is inspiring. For oh how I know how difficult this can be!

I have new things to be thankful for and that is the gift that I received from this book. And I want to let other suffering families know that we found good treatment for this. We are doing neurotherapy and ABA (and some other minor things). It seems to be the right combination because the SIB and aggression has gone way down. The neurotherapy addressed those attacks that came from inside which our poor boy could not stop. ABA addressed those behaviors that were more manipulative in nature.
Anonymous

from an elderly woman in Liberty, NC
I cried all the way through. Spinning Staw is a classic!
Anonymous

Rochelle, March 3, 1999
"I couldn't put it down. Spinning Straw made me laugh, wince, and cry. It is more than a story of autistic boy. It shows a family that happens to have a child with a serious handicap. It shows their ups and downs, the emotional roller coaster of raising a handicapped child. As a mother of an autistic child, I could feel for what this family went through. However, you don't have to have a handicapped child to be moved by this book. Any parent or anyone who knows children will be touched by this book. Spinning Straw pulls at the heart strings."

• Book Jacket: Forest Dark
    Forest Dark
    by Nicole Krauss
    In Forest Dark, Nicole Krauss presents parallel stories of two people who leave New York to stay in ...
  • Book Jacket: The Amber Shadows
    The Amber Shadows
    by Lucy Ribchester
    The Amber Shadows sweeps readers into the realm of World War II-era Britain where Honor "Honey" ...
  • Book Jacket: Midwinter Break

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E