MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Philosophy Made Simple, plus links to write your own review.

Philosophy Made Simple

Mar 2007, 304 pages

There is 1 reader review for Philosophy Made Simple

DipStick

Painfully humorous
I always dream 30 years out. And thirty years out I am Rudy. Author has done a good job composing his thoughts together. It is just a bit fast - with these kind of books I like to soak myself at certain moments - the book in itself did not provide the opportunities when those moments came.

Also, I hate it when authors like to use too many foreign words in English. As a reader I always felt that if the English equivalents of foreign language are used then it will still be the same fun. Hindi being my native language and I did not get any extra thrill despite deep understanding of words like "prem", "badha" etc. I am sure it is frustrating to other readers as well.

Overall - I am not disappointed.

The Island of Sea Women
    by Lisa See
    Lisa See's latest novel, The Island of Sea Women, follows the lives of Mi-ja and Young-sook, two ...
  • Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

The Mountains Sing
    by Nguyen Phan Que Mai

An enveloping, multigenerational tale set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed