Reader reviews and comments on Philosophy Made Simple, plus links to write your own review.

Philosophy Made Simple

Mar 2007, 304 pages

There is 1 reader review for Philosophy Made Simple

DipStick

Painfully humorous
I always dream 30 years out. And thirty years out I am Rudy. Author has done a good job composing his thoughts together. It is just a bit fast - with these kind of books I like to soak myself at certain moments - the book in itself did not provide the opportunities when those moments came.

Also, I hate it when authors like to use too many foreign words in English. As a reader I always felt that if the English equivalents of foreign language are used then it will still be the same fun. Hindi being my native language and I did not get any extra thrill despite deep understanding of words like "prem", "badha" etc. I am sure it is frustrating to other readers as well.

Overall - I am not disappointed.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Cold Millions
    The Cold Millions
    by Jess Walter
    Jess Walter's The Cold Millions centers around 16-year-old Rye Dolan and his 23-year-old brother Gig...
    The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...
  • Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...

Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose & Fiona Davis (editors)

One City.
    One Movement.
    A World of Stories.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R