Reader reviews and comments on Why Gender Matters, plus links to write your own review.

Why Gender Matters

What Parents and Teachers Need to Know about the Emerging Science of Sex Differences

by Leonard Sax

Why Gender Matters by Leonard Sax X
Why Gender Matters by Leonard Sax

Feb 2005, 320 pages
    Feb 2006, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for Why Gender Matters

jkennedy

Why Gender Matters
Leonard Sax makes an excellent case for why we should respect the biological differences between boys and girls and how we can approach teaching our children about life by using those differences. This should be required reading for all teachers as it might help significantly in classroom management. All too often we are quick to drug our children instead of getting creative about their environment (and it's really shocking how simple it is!). As parents and educators we need to embrace the individuality of our children and celebrate it - instead of ramming a one-size-fits-all methodology for teaching in our classrooms - then we will raise our children to be amazing people.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R