What readers think of Holes, plus links to write your own review.

Holes

pretty good
I enjoyed it a lot.
Mich

me holes review!!
I think this is a great novel for children in grades 3 to 6.
Karli

5-Very Good
AWESOME BOOK!!!!! Once I started it I couldn't put it down! It ROCKED!!!!!
Eleanor

My Recommendation
Holes is one of the best books ever! If you haven't read it, go and do it NOW!!!
Jackson

My opinion
This book isn’t a classic cowboy story. It isn’t a teen age drama either. This is a detailed story of a boy who gets him self in a juvenile camp. This author gave this book great detail. All the characters are original and unlike other characters in other books. Some are mean and grumpy. Others are nicer but still unpredictable. In the book the characters act like a normal person their age would. They would make the same choices. The main character is Stanley. He was convicted of a crime he didn’t commit. He had a choice, prison or camp. He chose what any kid would. He chose to go to camp, but he didn’t know that camp was going to be so bad.
Stephen

Holes
The book was great but sometimes the author makes it too complex for a children’s book. But on the other side the author delivered a great message. I even had to read a few parts twice to understand the point. I also liked how the author tied the story together between the two characters.

If I was to give advice on the book I would definately tell every one to read this book. One reason I feel so strongly about this book is because I couldn’t put the book down after I started it. Usually I have to be forced to read books any way. I give this one three thumbs up!!!
Joanna Thirkettle

This book was a very good book. I very much enjoyed reading it. There was a bit of a twist in it well I thought it did! Zero I thought was the twist but I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil it for any readers! I would definitely recomend this book.
huyen

so good, try to read it
i have read this book 2 times, and i also like the author , mrs.louis sachar, i like every single book of her.
My favorite character was ZERO , he was a nice kid, he almost look like me, being sad

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.25 per month.

• Book Jacket: We Had to Remove This Post
    We Had to Remove This Post
    by Hanna Bervoets
    It's not about money. Kayleigh, the protagonist and narrator of We Had to Remove This Post, a newly ...
  • Book Jacket: River of the Gods
    River of the Gods
    by Candice Millard
    The Nile River has provided vital resources for millennia, serving as a source of water, food and ...
  • Book Jacket: Horse
    Horse
    by Geraldine Brooks
    Geraldine Brooks creates a powerful backstory for 19th-century thoroughbred racehorse Lexington, ...
  • Book Jacket: Notes on Your Sudden Disappearance
    Notes on Your Sudden Disappearance
    by Alison Espach
    Notes on Your Sudden Disappearance will make you ache for a loss you didn't experience as you relate...

Hamnet
by Maggie O'Farrell
"Of all the stories...about Shakespeare’s life, [Hamnet] is so gorgeously written that it transports you."
The Boston Globe

Members Recommend

Jackie & Me
    by Louis Bayard

Master storyteller Louis Bayard delivers a surprising portrait of a young Jackie Kennedy as we've never seen her before.

One's Company
    by Ashley Hutson

For readers of Ottessa Moshfegh this fearless debut chronicles one woman's escape into a world of obsessive imagination.

Win This Book!
Win Where the Crawdads Sing

Win a signed copy of Where the Crawdads Sing

In celebration of the movie release on July 15, we have three signed copies to give away.

T O Thing W H T F I F I