Reader reviews and comments on Children Are From Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

Children Are From Heaven

Positive Parenting Skills for Raising Cooperative, Confident, and Compassionate Children

by John Gray

Children Are From Heaven

Aug 1999, 255 pages
    Jan 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Children Are From Heaven

Susan Mirshkoff (07/23/04)

Thought this book was very insightful... however, I found the advice given to be a little too general. Every child will react differently too any given situation, that is why there is no instruction manual for parenting... for a parent to get discouraged because the advice given in this book was too general seems very likely to me.
Tamara Miranda (07/14/03)

By learning my child's temperament through this book, I have been able to better deal with my child's tatrums. What I thought was disobedience is actually just a characteristic of her temperament. I learn that redirection is the key to dealing with a responsive child, and IT REALLY WORKS! Children are defenitly a gift from God.
Danielle Mathias (12/30/02)

Hello.I am a mother of two.I have a 9 yr. old son and a 7 yr. old daughter.My husband and I both were raised very old fashioned.Meaning alot of spanking,yelling and punishing. We chose right from our first child to not spank. We learned so much from John's book. Our son is always wanting to do the opposite of what he's asked and this book has helped us understand so much about his behavior. I only wish you had given a little more information on how to not punish if the child continuosly does the opposite. If all of your ideas are applied and still no results.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

by Paulette Jiles

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.