Reader reviews and comments on Queen of the Underworld, plus links to write your own review.

Queen of the Underworld

Jan 2007, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for Queen of the Underworld

Nuala Morocco

Queen of the Underworld
I start every novel with great anticipation of the places and the people I will get to know once the reading gets underway. I was pleasantly intrigued by the main character, and interested in the journey and adventure she was on. Then right when I was really getting into the story and all the fantastic places we could go the story just lost its steam. I felt that there were at least 5 smaller stories that needed to be explored that were left lacking. I just never felt truly satisfied by where the story went. There was so much potential personally and politically and the story did not deliver for me.

Today's Top Picks

The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...
  • Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R