MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Constant Princess, plus links to write your own review.

by Philippa Gregory

Dec 2005, 400 pages
    Aug 2006, 416 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Constant Princess

Literary Queen (08/30/15)

OK....NOT GREAT.
I didn't find this book to be as gripping as The Other Boleyn Girl or The Boleyn Inheritance or for that matter any of the other Tudor Court / Cousins War novels. Maybe its just me, but I found this book to be a bit monotonous.
Queenie (08/03/15)

amazing
Captivating.
Cory (10/29/08)

the constant princess
This book is a must read, it's such a thrilling tale and a new way to look at history. I give it a two thumbs up.
Briana (02/05/07)

This book was great!
I loved this book. I am 12 years old and this is my first book that I have read of Philippa's Novels. This book was very exciting. I thought it was very compelling and I loved the way it did the narrator and then Katherine's point of view!!!!! I think some parts were more exciting than others though. I absolutely LOVE European history so I very much enjoyed this book. All in All this was a very good book.
Erica Minchella (09/06/06)

The Constant Princess
I love Philippa Gregory. She gives me a story I can completely lose myself in, set in a historical context that not only tells me of that time period, but the implications of historical actions on the world we live in. Her books are clearly well-researched (because I've done some of my own research after becoming fascinated with her tale). I can't wait for her next offering. I hope it's about Isabel and Ferdinand - The Constant Princess's parents.
Karyn Lo (06/18/06)

Historical Swirl of Time
What can I say??
This book is an amazing insight to Catalina of Spain/Katherine of Aragon's life as she entered the arms of Wales, England....

Just like to three pervious entiles: The Other Boleyn Girl: The Queen's Fool: and The Constant Princess, this book tossed and drew me into the Tudor times..... Philippa Gregory is a definate must read author!!!

Although I am only 14, when I read this book it was hard and easy to understand at the same time. At first I was a bit sceptical about it, it's fiction right?? But no, it was soooo factual!!!

I urge others to read this book, it's passionate and not a time waster. ^_^

• Book Jacket: Girl in the Blue Coat
    Girl in the Blue Coat
    by Monica Hesse
    Set in Amsterdam in January 1943, Monica Hesse's young adult novel, Girl in the Blue Coat, ...
  • Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T