Reader reviews and comments on The Book of Ruth, plus links to write your own review.

The Book of Ruth

by Jane Hamilton

The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton

Jun 1988, 328 pages
    Dec 1989, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Book of Ruth

Carolyn (11/10/08)

The Book of Ruth
Ms. Hamilton creates a believable narrator in Ruth; Ruth breaks our hearts and teaches us about her life in north central Illinois during the 1970's. The location can be seen as a character as well.

I used this novel in an Illinois Literature class at the local community college. Most of them really were moved by the story and the writing. This novel generated more discussion than almost any other piece of literature I assigned.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

The dirtiest book of all is the expurgated book

Y S M B, I'll S Y