Reader reviews and comments on The Book of Ruth, plus links to write your own review.

The Book of Ruth

Dec 1989, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Book of Ruth

Carolyn

The Book of Ruth
Ms. Hamilton creates a believable narrator in Ruth; Ruth breaks our hearts and teaches us about her life in north central Illinois during the 1970's. The location can be seen as a character as well.

I used this novel in an Illinois Literature class at the local community college. Most of them really were moved by the story and the writing. This novel generated more discussion than almost any other piece of literature I assigned.

• Book Jacket: Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    by Olga Tokarczuk
    A subversive feminist noir mystery set in a remote Polish village, Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of...
  • Book Jacket: The World Doesn't Require You
    The World Doesn't Require You
    by Rion Amilcar Scott
    You can't move for young authors being marketed as "unique," "bold" and "visionary" these days. So ...
  • Book Jacket: The Long Call
    The Long Call
    by Ann Cleeves
    Penning a great murder mystery seems like it would be particularly challenging. The story often fits...
  • Book Jacket: The Liar
    The Liar
    by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
    The Liar is a book that will make its readers uncomfortable by design; set in modern-day Israel, it ...

Motherhood So White
    by Nefertiti Austin

A heartwarming memoir of motherhood and adoption told through an African American lens.

The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste

"A brilliant novel, lyrically lifting history towards myth. It's also compulsively readable."
    —Salman Rushdie

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S