Reader reviews and comments on All The Pretty Horses, plus links to write your own review.

All The Pretty Horses

by Cormac McCarthy

All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy X
All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy

Apr 1992, 401 pages
    Nov 2002, 301 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for All The Pretty Horses

Katherine

One of my favorite books ever!
This book, and the other two in the Border Trilogy, captured my heart from the beginning. McCarthy does a fabulous job with character development, so you feel like you really know the main character and understand how he thinks as he comes of age. To top this off, what impressed me most is McCarthy's ability to describe the land, the people in it, the animals, the sky, etc. There are very few books where I really feel as if I'm place, but All the Pretty Horses took me from the U.S. to Mexico and never let me go. Some might need the first 30-50 pages to really get into this book, and the descriptions do make for a slower-paced novel. It's not a thriller, and it doesn't read like one. Personally, I can't recommend it highly enough. I've read it twice. I've actually read this one and the Crossing twice because I had to read them again when Cities of the Plains finally came out.
Suzanne G.

So good . . .
This book is the first in a trilogy. I wondered at first if I was reading the book with such wonderful reviews or was it a “same title” book. Thank goodness, after taking more time with my reading, slowing down and even rereading the Spanish dialogue to get the gist of the conversation, I fell in love. John Grady Cole will be a favorite character henceforth. A wonderful story.

• Book Jacket: Timekeepers
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline

From the bestselling author of Orphan Train, a stunning novel of passion and art.

Next Year in Havana
    by Chanel Cleeton

a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she finds a family secret hidden since the revolution.

Only Child
    by Rhiannon Navin

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P