What readers think of John Glenn, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Nov 1999, 422 pages

Oct 2000, 576 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for John Glenn

Mark_Bledsoe

An entertaing read about a true American hero.

Nick
Hello to all my Astronaut fans. This is a good good book. Not great , as the ones done by Deke Slayton, Jim Lovell, and Mike Collins.
Glenn...was a good pilot. To me however he was not a great astronaut...despite the amount of effort he put into the training for Mercury.
John as I have seen, and as many have u seen.. goes on an ego trip. He thinks he is the best. DON'T BELIEVE IT.

Brenda Castor Higgins
I am from John Glenn's hometown, New Concord, OH. John's wife, Annie, is my father's first cousin. Since I know both John & Annie I naturally wanted to read his book. I found it extremely interesting and in-depth. It is a very inspiring book about a rare and extraordinary man. He is definitely one of a kind. Everyone should read this. It is also a lesson in history -but never boring. Even if I didn't know him personally I would think the same way about his book.

Deneese
This is an incredible book about an incredible man! Senator Glenn gives personal details that make me admire and respect him even more than I already did. He gives wonderful "inside information" about the NASA programs he was involved in. Some people might be bores, but if you're reading this book, you are probably a "space junkie" like me. I reveled in the details. I like knowing exactly what went on. Senator Glenn doesn't try to pretty it up either. He tells it like it is. I find his pride in America to be inspiring; his loyalty to his wife and family to be refreshing; and his commitment to his God to be admirable. I found myself tearing up while reading this. There were tears of pride and admiration!! I also found myself laughing!! I enjoyed the sense of humor that Senator Glenn used in telling some of the stories. This isn't a typical autobiography. He doesn't tell his story. It reads as if he is sitting there talking to you while reminiscing about his life! For anyone who has any interest in the space program, or just wants to read an inspiring book, I highly recommend this one.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Women and Children First
    Women and Children First
    by Alina Grabowski
    After Lucy Anderson falls to her death at a high school party, no one in Nashquitten, her gloomy, ...
  • Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C