Reader reviews and comments on John Glenn, plus links to write your own review.

John Glenn

Nov 1999, 422 pages
    Oct 2000, 576 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for John Glenn

Mark_Bledsoe

An entertaing read about a true American hero.

Nick
Hello to all my Astronaut fans. This is a good good book. Not great , as the ones done by Deke Slayton, Jim Lovell, and Mike Collins.
Glenn...was a good pilot. To me however he was not a great astronaut...despite the amount of effort he put into the training for Mercury.
John as I have seen, and as many have u seen.. goes on an ego trip. He thinks he is the best. DON'T BELIEVE IT.

Brenda Castor Higgins
I am from John Glenn's hometown, New Concord, OH. John's wife, Annie, is my father's first cousin. Since I know both John & Annie I naturally wanted to read his book. I found it extremely interesting and in-depth. It is a very inspiring book about a rare and extraordinary man. He is definitely one of a kind. Everyone should read this. It is also a lesson in history -but never boring. Even if I didn't know him personally I would think the same way about his book.

Deneese
This is an incredible book about an incredible man! Senator Glenn gives personal details that make me admire and respect him even more than I already did. He gives wonderful "inside information" about the NASA programs he was involved in. Some people might be bores, but if you're reading this book, you are probably a "space junkie" like me. I reveled in the details. I like knowing exactly what went on. Senator Glenn doesn't try to pretty it up either. He tells it like it is. I find his pride in America to be inspiring; his loyalty to his wife and family to be refreshing; and his commitment to his God to be admirable. I found myself tearing up while reading this. There were tears of pride and admiration!! I also found myself laughing!! I enjoyed the sense of humor that Senator Glenn used in telling some of the stories. This isn't a typical autobiography. He doesn't tell his story. It reads as if he is sitting there talking to you while reminiscing about his life! For anyone who has any interest in the space program, or just wants to read an inspiring book, I highly recommend this one.

• Book Jacket: Your House Will Pay
    Your House Will Pay
    by Steph Cha
    Steph Cha's novel Your House Will Pay shows how a legacy of violence and injustice can ripple ...
  • Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...
  • Book Jacket: The Seine
    The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino
    Of the 24 members who reviewed Elaine Sciolino's The Seine: The River that Made Paris for BookBrowse...

Ordinary Girls
    by Jaquira Díaz

Reminiscent of Tara Westover's Educate and Roxane Gay's Hunger--a memoir that reads as electrically as a novel.

The In-Betweens
    by Mira Ptacin

"A fascinating history of an American community of Spiritualists... a fabulous read."
    —Elizabeth Gilbert

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D