Reader reviews and comments on John Glenn, plus links to write your own review.

John Glenn

Nov 1999, 422 pages
    Oct 2000, 576 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for John Glenn

Mark_Bledsoe

An entertaing read about a true American hero.

Nick
Hello to all my Astronaut fans. This is a good good book. Not great , as the ones done by Deke Slayton, Jim Lovell, and Mike Collins.
Glenn...was a good pilot. To me however he was not a great astronaut...despite the amount of effort he put into the training for Mercury.
John as I have seen, and as many have u seen.. goes on an ego trip. He thinks he is the best. DON'T BELIEVE IT.

Brenda Castor Higgins
I am from John Glenn's hometown, New Concord, OH. John's wife, Annie, is my father's first cousin. Since I know both John & Annie I naturally wanted to read his book. I found it extremely interesting and in-depth. It is a very inspiring book about a rare and extraordinary man. He is definitely one of a kind. Everyone should read this. It is also a lesson in history -but never boring. Even if I didn't know him personally I would think the same way about his book.

Deneese
This is an incredible book about an incredible man! Senator Glenn gives personal details that make me admire and respect him even more than I already did. He gives wonderful "inside information" about the NASA programs he was involved in. Some people might be bores, but if you're reading this book, you are probably a "space junkie" like me. I reveled in the details. I like knowing exactly what went on. Senator Glenn doesn't try to pretty it up either. He tells it like it is. I find his pride in America to be inspiring; his loyalty to his wife and family to be refreshing; and his commitment to his God to be admirable. I found myself tearing up while reading this. There were tears of pride and admiration!! I also found myself laughing!! I enjoyed the sense of humor that Senator Glenn used in telling some of the stories. This isn't a typical autobiography. He doesn't tell his story. It reads as if he is sitting there talking to you while reminiscing about his life! For anyone who has any interest in the space program, or just wants to read an inspiring book, I highly recommend this one.

• Book Jacket: Daisy Jones & The Six
    Daisy Jones & The Six
    by Taylor Jenkins Reid
    In this evocative novel written in the format of an interview with members of a fictional music ...
  • Book Jacket: The Age of Living Machines
    The Age of Living Machines
    by Susan Hockfield
    In the face of looming global challenges, such as overpopulation, resource depletion and disease, Dr...
    The Mars Room
    by Rachel Kushner
    There is palpable tension between expectation and reality in Rachel Kushner's third novel. The ...
  • Book Jacket: The Guest Book
    The Guest Book
    by Sarah Blake
    Sarah Blake's critically-acclaimed third novel The Guest Book was a hit with our First Impressions ...

Patsy
    by Nicole Dennis-Benn

A haunting depiction of immigration and womanhood, and the silent threads of love.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Win The Guest Book

The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense."
—Entertainment Weekly