Reader reviews and comments on The Widow of The South, plus links to write your own review.

The Widow of The South

Sep 2006, 448 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Widow of The South

Melissa

Where is Franklin, TN?
Our book club read this book and the general consensus was that while it wasn't a favorite book, it did do exactly what the author intended; it put Franklin, TN on the map for many of us and invoked the memory of a historical figure. The book stuck with me not because of the writing, but I think simply because of the horror of the Civil War. I am already planning a trip to Franklin, TN to see the home, the cemetery and to help preserve the history of this amazing place.

• Book Jacket: The World Doesn't Require You
    The World Doesn't Require You
    by Rion Amilcar Scott
    You can't move for young authors being marketed as "unique," "bold" and "visionary" these days. So ...
  • Book Jacket: The Long Call
    The Long Call
    by Ann Cleeves
    Penning a great murder mystery seems like it would be particularly challenging. The story often fits...
  • Book Jacket: The Liar
    The Liar
    by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
    The Liar is a book that will make its readers uncomfortable by design; set in modern-day Israel, it ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dutch House
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

There are a few times in life when you leap up and the past that you'd been standing on falls away ...

Motherhood So White
    by Nefertiti Austin

A heartwarming memoir of motherhood and adoption told through an African American lens.

The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste

"A brilliant novel, lyrically lifting history towards myth. It's also compulsively readable."
    —Salman Rushdie

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S