Reader reviews and comments on Pomegranate Soup, plus links to write your own review.

Pomegranate Soup

Sep 2006, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Pomegranate Soup

Kay

Great Little Book
This was a facinationg story of three sisters from Iran who open a cafe in a tiny town in Ireland. The characters come alive and are people you would find in your own neighborhood.

I found most interesting and fun, the recipes that are included at the start of each chapter. The chapter unfolds around the specific recipe in a fun and heart warming way.

Reading this book is like sitting in the Babylon Cafe, drinking a nice cup of mint tea and watching the story unfold around you.

I hope to read more by Ms. Mehran. Pick this one up, you will not be disappointed.
Sarah T

A tried and tested recipe
This book's formula is not original, it is exactly the same as Chocolat. However, it is a good format that delivers an enjoyable and unchallenging read. The addition of recipes adds cultural colour and interest, and it taps into our love and longing for home and childhood through food. If you love your mother or grandmother's cooking then you'll get the sentiment behind this book.

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Other People's Houses