Reader reviews and comments on Garbage Land, plus links to write your own review.

Garbage Land

Aug 2006, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for Garbage Land

Marge (09/24/08)

An Eye Opener
Elizabeth Royte takes a journey most of us never think about .. Where DOES the trash go? Who cares?? Well, as she does her personal journey and research, we learn we should ALL care. Reading the book resulted in some immediate changes (NOT taking plastic bags for things you can carry in your hand), reusing whatever you can, thinking about how much trash your family generates. AND thinking about the whole recycling thing.
I started this book because it seems like a quirky exploration ... then became convinced we are all a bit too blase about the trash, water bottles, toilet flushing without thinking about the "cost". You gotta read her newest book BOTTLEMANIA which is another very interesting journey. She's an engaging writing, real, funny, real writer. Reading this book will open your thinking to the possibilities. Definitely.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it

K Your F C