Reader reviews and comments on The Ice Queen, plus links to write your own review.

by Alice Hoffman

The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman X
The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman

Apr 2005, 224 pages
    Jan 2006, 240 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Ice Queen

Toast

love or obsession?
I'm 18 years old and I will be moving out this summer and starting a new life. I believe this is my new favorite book. It is very well written, as most of Hoffman’s books are and has great imagery and metaphors. Her views on love and death are so strong. It has parts that made me cry and others that made me hopeful but the whole time kept me up to about 2 in the morning just to see what happens.
Nancy

The Ice Queen
I absolutely loved this book!! I couldn't put it down. This is the first Alice Hoffman novel I have read and can't wait to read her other books. I have recommended this to my family and friends. She is truly unique!!
Nancy

The Ice Queen
This is the first Alice Hoffman novel I ever read and I absolutely loved it!! I can't wait to read her other books. I plan on recommending this to all my friends. She is truly unique!!

• Book Jacket: Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...
  • Book Jacket: The Boneless Mercies
    The Boneless Mercies
    by April Genevieve Tucholke
    The Mercies are assassins, part of a long tradition of killers who serve to end the suffering of the...
  • Book Jacket: Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen
    Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen
    by Sarah Bird
    Sarah Bird's historical novel, Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen, imagines, with a grand flourish, ...
  • Book Jacket: Washington Black
    Washington Black
    by Esi Edugyan
    Sometimes you just want a good adventure story. One that does not follow a predictable pattern and ...

The Winter Soldier
by Daniel Mason

A story of war and medicine, of finding love in the sweeping tides of history, and of the mistakes we make.

Gone So Long
    by Andre Dubus III

Dubus' first novel in a decade is a masterpiece of thrilling tension and heartrending empathy.

Win Gone So Long

Andre Dubus III's First Novel in a Decade

A masterpiece of thrilling tension and heartrending empathy.

G H E Rope A H Will H H