What readers think of SHAM, plus links to write your own review.

SHAM

Jun 2005, 288 pages

Sep 2006, 288 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for SHAM

Dr Lewis

The shame of pushing shams
Salerno's book needs to be read by all who purport to help others. When the basic motivation is to make money and self-promotion the needs of others (their 'clients') are lost. Unfortunately those who pay for the works of these shamans cannot look with objectivity because the parted dollars have given them a vested interest in believing they are getting better.

Let us hope more people will see the light and start to do things for themselves and stop seeing the world through the eyes of a victim.
stendek73

All build up, no money shot
This book leaves the reader hanging.
Chapter after chapter of insight into the seedy under belly of self help, yet at the end, the book offers no option from said under belly. I want to sober up, but I wish to do it in a secular manner. Steve, what do you think I should do????
www.claudette.ws

Are you serious
Steve, How can you possbile sleep at night trying to instill your philosophy of putting down education, self improvement and positive action on others!

WOW--- they really do walk among us and then even try to write a book! Not a book, trash bashing Good People, Good Ethics, GOOD SELF HELP~ I will pray for you Steve!

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

The Lost Ticket
    by Freya Sampson
    Drama on the bus can be Shakespearean. You just want to go downtown, but on the way, you overhear a ...
    The War Librarian
    by Addison Armstrong
    Emmaline Balakin believes in the power of the written word — books have changed her life. When...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Goose
    The Book of Goose
    by Yiyun Li
    Yiyun Li's The Book of Goose is a story of childhood friendship between narrator Agnès, a one-...
  • Book Jacket: Big Red
    Big Red
    by Jerome Charyn
    Jerome Charyn made his name as an author of detective novels, and over the years he has taken his ...

The Bell in the Lake
by Lars Mytting

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

Book Club Giveaway!