Reader reviews and comments on Oblivion, plus links to write your own review.

Oblivion

Apr 2006, 384 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Oblivion

Melissa

What book?
Not sure if it was me or the book, but I found myself as forgetful as the protagonist and his amnesia! He would run into people, places etc. and not remember them and nor could I!! My mom and other friends have read the book and enjoyed it thoroughly, so I'm apt to think I just wasn't of sound mind to read this one! Overall I did enjoy the premise and the plot line!
gofish

not very good
I just finished this as an audio book which is probably the only way I was able to get through it. I agree with another reviewer in so far as I also had trouble keeping up with clues and characters including the new, the lost and the found again. A little over the top in terms of credibility. Man with brain tumor and deteriorating brain function solves murder after losing his memory, continuing to have mental and physical problems and having to start all over again while being targeted to be murdered himself. Murderer is obvious long before hero can figure it out. Actually, I think it was quite a feat of imagination, but it didn't really work as a whole.
Philadelphia reader

Hackneyed writing
I expected to enjoy this book, based on the many positive reviews, but it was a huge disappointment. The characters were one-dimensional and trite and the writing was unimaginative. I didn't finish it, despite a noble try.

• Book Jacket: The World According to Fannie Davis
    The World According to Fannie Davis
    by Bridgett M. Davis
    Devoted daughter Bridgett M. Davis was always inspired by her mother Fannie, who provided stability,...
  • Book Jacket: Territory of Light
    Territory of Light
    by Yuko Tsushima
    Set in Tokyo during the late 1970s, Yūko Tsushima's Territory of Light chronicles a year in the...
  • Book Jacket: Unmarriageable
    Unmarriageable
    by Soniah Kamal
    Soniah Kamal makes no secret of the fact that her novel Unmarriageable is a retelling of Jane Austen...
  • Book Jacket: The Paragon Hotel
    The Paragon Hotel
    by Lyndsay Faye
    Lyndsay Faye's arresting The Paragon Hotel focuses on how disparate groups of marginalized people ...

The Half-Life of Everything
by Deborah Carol Gang

A beautifully written and uplifting debut novel.

The Lost Man
    by Jane Harper

A stunning standalone novel from New York Times bestseller Jane Harper.

The Night Tiger
    by Yangsze Choo

"Wonderfully combines a Holmes-esque plot with Chinese lore."
    --PW, starred review

Win The Climate Report

The Climate Report

"The most comprehensive assessment of the effects of climate change on the United States."
–The New York Times