Reader reviews and comments on Oblivion, plus links to write your own review.

Oblivion

by Peter Abrahams

Oblivion by Peter Abrahams

Apr 2005, 352 pages
    Apr 2006, 384 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Oblivion

gofish (05/31/07)

not very good
I just finished this as an audio book which is probably the only way I was able to get through it. I agree with another reviewer in so far as I also had trouble keeping up with clues and characters including the new, the lost and the found again. A little over the top in terms of credibility. Man with brain tumor and deteriorating brain function solves murder after losing his memory, continuing to have mental and physical problems and having to start all over again while being targeted to be murdered himself. Murderer is obvious long before hero can figure it out. Actually, I think it was quite a feat of imagination, but it didn't really work as a whole.
Philadelphia reader (05/25/07)

Hackneyed writing
I expected to enjoy this book, based on the many positive reviews, but it was a huge disappointment. The characters were one-dimensional and trite and the writing was unimaginative. I didn't finish it, despite a noble try.
Power Reviewer Melissa (03/23/07)

What book?
Not sure if it was me or the book, but I found myself as forgetful as the protagonist and his amnesia! He would run into people, places etc. and not remember them and nor could I!! My mom and other friends have read the book and enjoyed it thoroughly, so I'm apt to think I just wasn't of sound mind to read this one! Overall I did enjoy the premise and the plot line!

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power

O My D B