Reader reviews and comments on Freakonomics, plus links to write your own review.

Freakonomics

Apr 2006, 256 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Freakonomics

mikeb (12/19/09)

twisting statistics
This book is based on many comparisons between apparently similar conditions; however, when in reality, one of the contenders is usually statistically or otherwise grossly misrepresented. This provides a lot of Ah-ha and mmmm moments to someone lacking intellectual acumen.
SJA (01/24/08)

My Take On this Book
I am reading this book for part of my English 99 college class, and let me tell you, Levitt had me hooked on the first chapter! I am serious! I love the way he compares two totally opposite things but they have a common situation. I enjoy re-thinking how we look at things, or what we have learned. This man is quite a thinker, and if you enjoy learning new things..then read this book!! I mean it!! You will be utterly surprised, and yet enjoy the context.

• Book Jacket: The Dark Flood Rises

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

In war there are no unwounded soldiers

O My D B