Reader reviews and comments on Lost In The Forest, plus links to write your own review.

Lost In The Forest

Jul 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Lost In The Forest

Dan Silver

Sue Miller--Subtle Wonderful Read
I don't know why, but for some reason Sue Miller's writing soars with more apparent ease than any author I know. The story is engaging, the conflicts make your heart stop at times, and there is nothing you are reading that seems to be taking you into another world.

I think the magic of her writing is that the story is seen from many sides, and each side's perspective is so right, yet so shaded with flaws. I find both her male and female characters believable, and she is as great at writing about the 15 year old as she is about....well, you just have to see for yourself.

She is so compelling because the words don't call attention to themselves, and yet if you reread a sentence here and there, you find that it is just so perfect.

This book has some weird character(s). It is, at times, not for the faint of heart, and not a book I could read easily trying to get to sleep.

It is beautiful writing, with characters you can enjoy, loathe, and learn from.

Thanks to a great author.
Dianne

A question...not a review
I have partially read your new book, "Lost in the Forest", and like your others, it's a good read. But, I am discouraged on reading further because of the bold print of certain words/phrases on nearly every page. Why is that? My assumption is that you do not think the reader is smart enough to read the book properly. Part of the fun of reading any book is the reader's own interpretation of the events/language, etc. I find this bold print"method" very distracting,condescending and frankly, annoying. I will not finish reading this novel, nor will I recommend it to friends to read. Too bad!

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S