Reader reviews and comments on Lost In The Forest, plus links to write your own review.

Lost In The Forest

Jul 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Lost In The Forest

Dan Silver

Sue Miller--Subtle Wonderful Read
I don't know why, but for some reason Sue Miller's writing soars with more apparent ease than any author I know. The story is engaging, the conflicts make your heart stop at times, and there is nothing you are reading that seems to be taking you into another world.

I think the magic of her writing is that the story is seen from many sides, and each side's perspective is so right, yet so shaded with flaws. I find both her male and female characters believable, and she is as great at writing about the 15 year old as she is about....well, you just have to see for yourself.

She is so compelling because the words don't call attention to themselves, and yet if you reread a sentence here and there, you find that it is just so perfect.

This book has some weird character(s). It is, at times, not for the faint of heart, and not a book I could read easily trying to get to sleep.

It is beautiful writing, with characters you can enjoy, loathe, and learn from.

Thanks to a great author.
Dianne

A question...not a review
I have partially read your new book, "Lost in the Forest", and like your others, it's a good read. But, I am discouraged on reading further because of the bold print of certain words/phrases on nearly every page. Why is that? My assumption is that you do not think the reader is smart enough to read the book properly. Part of the fun of reading any book is the reader's own interpretation of the events/language, etc. I find this bold print"method" very distracting,condescending and frankly, annoying. I will not finish reading this novel, nor will I recommend it to friends to read. Too bad!

• Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund