Reader reviews and comments on Lost In The Forest, plus links to write your own review.

Lost In The Forest

by Sue Miller

Lost In The Forest by Sue Miller

Apr 2005, 256 pages
    Jul 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Lost In The Forest

Dianne (09/28/05)

A question...not a review
I have partially read your new book, "Lost in the Forest", and like your others, it's a good read. But, I am discouraged on reading further because of the bold print of certain words/phrases on nearly every page. Why is that? My assumption is that you do not think the reader is smart enough to read the book properly. Part of the fun of reading any book is the reader's own interpretation of the events/language, etc. I find this bold print"method" very distracting,condescending and frankly, annoying. I will not finish reading this novel, nor will I recommend it to friends to read. Too bad!
Dan Silver (09/03/05)

Sue Miller--Subtle Wonderful Read
I don't know why, but for some reason Sue Miller's writing soars with more apparent ease than any author I know. The story is engaging, the conflicts make your heart stop at times, and there is nothing you are reading that seems to be taking you into another world.

I think the magic of her writing is that the story is seen from many sides, and each side's perspective is so right, yet so shaded with flaws. I find both her male and female characters believable, and she is as great at writing about the 15 year old as she is about....well, you just have to see for yourself.

She is so compelling because the words don't call attention to themselves, and yet if you reread a sentence here and there, you find that it is just so perfect.

This book has some weird character(s). It is, at times, not for the faint of heart, and not a book I could read easily trying to get to sleep.

It is beautiful writing, with characters you can enjoy, loathe, and learn from.

Thanks to a great author.

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...
  • Book Jacket: Inferno
    Inferno
    by Steven Hatch
    The word "Ebola" sets off an almost visceral reaction in many of us; we think about the men, women ...

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R