Reader reviews and comments on Rules for Old Men Waiting, plus links to write your own review.

Rules for Old Men Waiting

by Peter R. Pouncey

Rules for Old Men Waiting by Peter R. Pouncey

Apr 2005, 224 pages
    Jun 2006, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for Rules for Old Men Waiting

San Antonio Reader (10/14/09)

Rules for Old Men Waiting
This book is for the discriminating reader who enjoys exquisitely written, softly beautiful prose, and who does not require an action-packed plot to appreciate a book. The subject is not upbeat, and yet the reader has a sense of sober satisfaction at the end, somehow. What transpires in the novel appeals almost entirely to one's intellect, but the story and the story within the story are emotionally rich as well. This was one of my top five reads for last year, and makes my top thirty or forty life-time favorites as well. I found this gem while sorting through used books for a library fund raiser and consider it a lucky find, a rare treasure.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Home Sweet Home
    by April Smith

From the widely praised author of the FBI Special Agent Ana Grey series, a stunning novel set in the McCarthy era.

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Our wisdom comes from our experience, and our experience comes from our foolishness

K Your F C