Reader reviews and comments on The Forgotten Man, plus links to write your own review.

The Forgotten Man

by Robert Crais

The Forgotten Man by Robert Crais X
The Forgotten Man by Robert Crais

Feb 2005, 352 pages
    Jan 2006, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for The Forgotten Man

Laramie

My credentials as a reviewer are strictly amateur level. I enjoy detective genre books from several authors, Hammett, Chandler, John D. McDonald, Robert B. Parker and Sue Grafton. After reading each of this authors books at least twice, I consider Robert Crais' work on a par in quality with his predecessors even though he does not have their body of work yet. I rated it a '3' based on comparison to Crais' other work not to any or all other works of fiction. The Forgotten Man held great promise and I eagerly anticipated it's arrival but I felt it did not deliver in the same manner as Mr. Crais other novels(Cole or other). The idea behind the storyline was very good and original. It was told well throughout although Crais' ending did not surprise, delight or deliver on the build up of the rest of thestory. I liked it just fine thank you but it was not in the category of The Monkey's Raincoat, The Last Detective, or my personal favorite, L.A. Requiem. Still worth the read with one final caveat which has nothing to do with Mr. Crais: The pages were printed on paper so thin I could read the next page without turning to it. That was most unexpected and distracting. I love the work of Crais and his creations Cole and Pike. They've just had better adventures together.

• Book Jacket: Let's Call It a Doomsday
    Let's Call It a Doomsday
    by Katie Henry
    However the world will end, Ellis Kimball is ready for it. Her obsessive stash of survivalist ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winemaker's Wife
    The Winemaker's Wife
    by Kristin Harmel
    Liv Kent's world is falling apart. After 12 years of marriage, her husband has decided he's done, ...
  • Book Jacket: On the Clock
    On the Clock
    by Emily Guendelsberger
    In her excellent debut, On The Clock, journalist Emily Guendelsberger thoughtfully examines the ...
    America for Beginners
    by Leah Franqui
    Leah Franqui's first novel America for Beginners was well-reviewed by our First Impression readers; ...

Yale Needs Women
    by Anne Gardiner Perkins

The Secrets We Kept
    by Lara Prescott

Reese Witherspoon's Sept Book Club Pick!
    "This is the rare page-turner with prose that’s as wily as its plot."—EW

Book Club
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
by Kim Michele Richardson

A story of raw courage, fierce strength, and one woman's belief that books can carry us anywhere.

Win The Red Address Book

The Red Address Book
by Sofia Lundberg

"Wise and captivating, Lundberg's novel offers clear-eyed insights into old age and the solace of memory."--People

A Place F E A E I I P