Reader reviews and comments on The Ninth Life of Louis Drax, plus links to write your own review.

The Ninth Life of Louis Drax

by Liz Jensen

The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen X
The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen

Jan 2005, 240 pages
    Jan 2006, 240 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Ninth Life of Louis Drax

Erica

Louis Drax is a good read
I started this book and put it down, finding the manner in which Louis was talking at first, very offensive. I decided to give it another try, and I was glad I did. Although I was able to guess at the climax, because of the foreshadowing, there were some interesting twists to the story that made it compelling. I thought the writing quite good and the change in narrator rather inventive. Overall, it was unlike anything I had read recently and I found it refreshing.
Sarah

It might deserve a 3.65
Overall, this book really wasn't bad. I just wish that it had a better ending. At first I was very interested in the characters, and really enjoyed the the writing, but toward the end I couldn't have cared much less. Louis starts to take a backseat to the other characters, and I think that that's where she went wrong. It really got all too fluffy, and if I had to read anymore of the doc's rambles, I thought I was going to loose my mind.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R