Reader reviews and comments on Valley of Bones, plus links to write your own review.

Valley of Bones

by Michael Gruber

Valley of Bones by Michael Gruber X
Valley of Bones by Michael Gruber

Jan 2005, 448 pages
    Feb 2006, 432 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Valley of Bones

Erin

This was a fairly good story with a nicely driving plot. The author manages to drive attention and still keep the reader guessing throughout the story. The detail is well done and researched. Overall, a great tale.
mary

A disappointment
I loved all Gruber's previous books, but found this one less than enthralling. It needs editing - it's way too long without adding much to the story. I found my attention wandering as he jumps from character to character or gets overly involved in descriptions of bookbinding or ciphers or such. I didn't find the characters particularly interesting and by halfway through the book I didn't much care what happened to them. All in all, it's decent but a comedown for him. Has fame gone to his head?

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown