MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Shadow of the Wind, plus links to write your own review.

Shadow of the Wind

Jan 2005, 496 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for Shadow of the Wind

Elizabeth

Ohhhh...outstanding...loved it
I would give the Shadow of the Wind more than ten stars if that were possible...this is my all-favorite book. I didn't want it to end.

I loved all the twists and turns and connections of the characters and the surprise letter at the end that Nuria wrote.

I actually went to Barcelona in August to and find all the places mentioned in the book. I loved Barcelona...what a beautiful city....all the places in the book were there, and my son and I visited them....it was fantastic.

I LOVED the Book. Thanks, Senor Zafon.
Chach

The Shadow of the Wind
This book was amazing! I really loved it. It was enthralling with a magical ending that just took your breath away when the whole story unraveled. Definitely is a must read on everyones list.
Punchb0wl

The Shadows of The Wind
A book that flows like poetry, from the descriptive language used for Barcelona to the characters so full of life that you feel a sense of loss when you finish the book. I've read this book twice, lost 2 copies to friends and bought a copy for my mother and brother. I feel greedy just reading the book more than once when I know friends who have yet to discover it.

I am still trying to find other works by the author but it appears this is the only one translated into English.
Kim

Best book I read in 2007
I'd put off reading this novel for awhile, since I typically have trouble concentrating on books that have been translated from another language. It sat on my shelf for about two years, until I got tired of my reading friends telling me to stop dallying & just read the darned thing. Well, my friends were right. I couldn't put this one down. The plot was original from the start, and kept me guessing until the very end. Definitely worth your time.
AndrewL

I won't say much, except to say that it is literature's job to take on a journey through the impossibility of our emotions, to let the ephemeral and the mysterious lead us, where in our normal lives the ordinary and the safe, the cognitive and sane, the normal, guide us. I love this book. I will always remember it, and wish that life were more like this, and sometimes less.
noel higgins

In my opinion the read of a lifetime. Narrative style, but like reading poetry. Unforgettable. I had to ration my reading time to ensure that the experience of living alongside the words and characters would last a reasonable period of time. One of my top three all time favourites. Noel Higgins
Martin Bastone

This is an author who shows a true passion for books, his characters, and even includes a bit on fishing. What more could you want?
Possibly a bit more on fishing!
The best thing I have read in years.
My advice is to draw the curtains, disconnect the 'phone, open your best bottle of wine and settle down in your favourite chair. There is no time for anything else.
Maureen

I didn't want this book to end. A wonderful story. One of the best I read in the last year.

• Book Jacket: How to Build a Heart
    How to Build a Heart
    by Maria Padian
    Maria Padian is well-known for her motif of exploring teen reactions to social issues. Her novel ...
  • Book Jacket: Follow Me to Ground
    by Sue Rainsford
    Ada and her father are human-like beings who age slowly and possess the power to heal all illness. ...
  • Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...

Remembrance
    by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

Cartier's Hope
    by M. J. Rose

A Gilded Age gem of ambition & betrayal from the author of New York Times bestseller, Tiffany Blues.

Father of Lions
by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I