Reader reviews and comments on The Godfather Returns, plus links to write your own review.

The Godfather Returns

by Mark Winegardner

The Godfather Returns by Mark Winegardner X
The Godfather Returns by Mark Winegardner

Nov 2004, 448 pages
    Aug 2005, 560 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Godfather Returns

Kgilmore

This book is a great successor to the Puzo books, and it gives the reader a more centered look at all the Corleone Family and FAMLIA
answers much of the unanswered questions from the movies and Books. They should make a movie out of this one.
Samuel Torcasio

Mark Winegardner does justice to the original Godfather. His writing exceeds the talent of the master, Mario Puzo. Amplification of the Thomas Hagen, Johnnie Fontaine and Fredo Corleaone characters was top notch. Perhaps a movie will follow. Then a follow up to Godfather Returns maybe a plot that takes a 1930's flashback when Sonny Corleaone ran the family. Excellent read.
bob wisener

This is a must-read for all fans of Mario Puzo's "The Godfather" and/or the movie trilogy. My only complaint is that in developing other characters, the author takes the focus off Michael for long stretches. But the development of certain characters is stunning, and anyone reading the book should understand why Fredo became a liability to the family.
J.R.P

the true story essence was not captured
I feel that the author did not capture the true essence of the characters which was explained in such great detail in the original Godfather by Mario Puzo. I also found the story did not show the truthfulness of life in the mafia as puzo did so expertly. At time the stories got jumbled together and became confusing. The Author also based his storyline to much on real world event and only changed the characters name but it was still painfully clear where the story was going.
John

I think it makes a good book but i don't think it stays true to the origanil mario puzo's Godfather making michel seem too week not like his father wich was the set up to why he was the don

• Book Jacket: American Histories
    by Madeline Miller

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes