Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022

What readers think of Dragon Rider, plus links to write your own review.

Dragon Rider

May 2005, 528 pages

There are currently 57 reader reviews for Dragon Rider

Marissa Cartwright

The Dragonrider
Awesome and adventurous. It's a wonderful book it is one of the best things I ever read.
Karen

Charming
A very sweet and charming story. I loved it.
Allie Hunter

Dragon Rider Rocks
Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke has been an inspiration to me and my fellow friend readers. Cornelia Funke has really done it again with another fantastic book for all ages.
cherry

totally cool, lol.
I don't like many books but this book is totally amazing. I have read it about 10 times already. I really like the characters personalities.
Shadab Ahmed

Abosolutely Amazing
I am 12yrs old and I think this book is amazingly tremendous word just can't describe how fantastic this book is. It has a brilliant structure. I wish there was a dragon rider two I would buy it as soon as it come out even if I have to use my own money.
I recommend this book to everyone in the whole wide world especially if you like books about adventure. Hope you read it and enjoy!
terry

dragon rider
I am 12 years old and I thought that you book (Dragon Rider)was great as I read it I thought how great and fun it would be to write a book like yours so I have started and it would also be fun to be in the book and ride on a dragons back lol.
dragonriderfan1774

Dragon Rider Review
Dragon Rider may have been one of the best books I've ever read. all the good guys were fun (perfect for children's book) yet the bad characters were scary(adds a TINY bit of excitement) my favorite character was Twigleg, and I have no idea why nobody writing reviews here mentioned him. He was cute, funny, cunning, and taught little children reading the book that good triumphs over evil. he also teaches little children that you don't have to succumb to pressure and fear.
kiki

Best Book in my young life!!
Oh Cornelia Funke such a successful book you've written. You are so creative and talented Dragon Rider is THE BEST BOOK I have ever read in my entire life. The characters Firedrake, Sorrel,Ben,Barnarbas Greenbloom, Vita Greenbloom,Guinevere,Rosa Graytail,Gilbert Graytail,Lola Graytail , Zubeida , Nettlebrand,Gravelbeard,Maia,Shimmertail,Twigleg,the old dragon,the sea serpent and the monks were genius. I have read lots of books and I have believed in magic for along time but when I read Dragon Rider it really took me away. It has and will change me forever I thank you for that Cornelia. Also Asif the djinn GENIUS!

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You
    by Kevin Wilson

Members Recommend

Dinosaurs
    by Lydia Millet

"Tender but never sentimental, wearing its intelligence in a low-slung style, Dinosaurs is a garden of earthly delights."—Vogue

W N, W Not

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

Life is the garment we continually alter, but which never seems to fit.