What readers think of Broken For You, plus links to write your own review.

Broken For You

Sep 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Broken For You

linda

Heart Warming
Some books you hurry to finish, others you savour. Some are a one-time read, others need to be read over & over. This book will stay with me forever.
Smillw

Broken for You
This is a wonderful book. I loved the various eccentric and "broken" characters that all have a story and yet the ultimate lesson is love and hope.
Kate

Passing it on
Broken for you is one of those book you HAVE to pass on to everyone you know. My heart broke and healed during the reading and by the end I was emotionally drained and yet filled with the hope and love this book inspires. The characters were such a lively group and, after reading, the lives and life styles of the main characters when taken in context with the theme of the book were perfect. This was one of those books you can't wait to finish but never want it to end.
Linda Meyer

"Broken for You" is one of the freshest and most life-affirming novels I've read. Because of its positive messages, I will definitely be recommending it to others as well as rereading it myself. Multiple perspectives provide depth, lovably eccentric characters evoke pathos, historical insights add texture, and compassionate understanding for others make me sad that I've completed the book. I especially love Kallos' belief in an individual's ability to change and her hope for the subsequent results.
C. Ziering

A copy of Broken for You came my way via one of my favorite librarians. I had never heard of the book or the author. As I began to read, thought, what was Elizabeth thinking of when she sent this book to me? As I continued to read I began to understand why this book had come to me. It is a complex story told in a witty, slyly whimsical style. The characters are amazingly real, diverse, and believable. The pain of these characters is sometimes unbearable but the human spirit that transcends this pain is balm to the soul. Margaret's visit to France where she finds answers to her life long quest delivers the reader am amazing high. I wish I knew these people. I wish I knew Ms. Kallos. This book may be of special interest to readers of the Jewish faith.Text
Marijo Carnino

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and could not put it down until I finished. Loved her writing style, loved the craziness of the characters.
Excellent read, hope she has more to come....
Butley

I read this beautiful book word for word when I realized the rich observations and linguistic choices I would miss if I read for plot as I often do. I was richly rewarded. Soulful and funny, wry and exuberant, it is a paen to the human spirit and the ability of the heart to heal and triumph. Once finished, I shocked myself by starting over and reading it again.It was the simply the book in my too large pile of reading that I most wanted to read. I cannot think of a higher recommendation.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide