What readers think of The Plot Against America, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The Plot Against America

Sep 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Plot Against America

LINDY

.EDU
The Plot Against America by Roth was an amazing book. I loved the fact that I knew little American History to relate to this book. Because it made me more vulnerable to believe the reason where people would want Lindbergh as their President. The author used so many historical facts that I would recommend all students and history teachers to read this book.
dianne

Roth's newest book is truly amazing. It swept me along in multiply waves of fear, terror and mystery. Was the historic Lindbergh as strong a supporter of fascism and isolationism as he is portrayed here? Now I must get back to some serious history reading to find out. Do NOT miss this novel.
lisa

excellent book,absolutely believable well written you feel like tyou are there. Very enjoyable book
Susan

scary and true
This is the second time around reading. The first time I didn't understand the connection with Lindberg until after I learned my history. The book is terrifying, unbelievable our country underground wanted Nazism to spread through the United States. Some of these events were actually true. Lindberg becoming president didn't happen.This actually is an important book to read. Even though it is a novel. If you end up reading the book. Do some research on the 1940's and Nazism in America. It will open your eyes.

Trite, difficult to continue to read. Revising history is cheap. Then again my strong first reaction may be more about what just occurred in the American election and the strong implications for our time.
neil safeer

I found the book to be extremely depressing, considering there is enough written about the real holocaust, without a make-believe one being created. The book was probably well written, since I had to stop reading it, because it so emotionally draining. If it were not for my book club choosing the book as its selection, I never would have read it in the first place.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Women and Children First
    Women and Children First
    by Alina Grabowski
    After Lucy Anderson falls to her death at a high school party, no one in Nashquitten, her gloomy, ...
  • Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C