MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Plot Against America, plus links to write your own review.

The Plot Against America

by Philip Roth

The Plot Against America

Oct 2004, 400 pages
    Sep 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Plot Against America

LINDY (05/25/09)

.EDU
The Plot Against America by Roth was an amazing book. I loved the fact that I knew little American History to relate to this book. Because it made me more vulnerable to believe the reason where people would want Lindbergh as their President. The author used so many historical facts that I would recommend all students and history teachers to read this book.
Anonymous (01/23/05)

Trite, difficult to continue to read. Revising history is cheap. Then again my strong first reaction may be more about what just occurred in the American election and the strong implications for our time.
dianne (01/07/05)

Roth's newest book is truly amazing. It swept me along in multiply waves of fear, terror and mystery. Was the historic Lindbergh as strong a supporter of fascism and isolationism as he is portrayed here? Now I must get back to some serious history reading to find out. Do NOT miss this novel.
lisa (12/02/04)

excellent book,absolutely believable well written you feel like tyou are there. Very enjoyable book
neil safeer (11/29/04)

I found the book to be extremely depressing, considering there is enough written about the real holocaust, without a make-believe one being created. The book was probably well written, since I had to stop reading it, because it so emotionally draining. If it were not for my book club choosing the book as its selection, I never would have read it in the first place.

• Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun