Reader reviews and comments on The Plot Against America, plus links to write your own review.

The Plot Against America

by Philip Roth

The Plot Against America by Philip Roth

Oct 2004, 400 pages
    Sep 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Plot Against America

LINDY

.EDU
The Plot Against America by Roth was an amazing book. I loved the fact that I knew little American History to relate to this book. Because it made me more vulnerable to believe the reason where people would want Lindbergh as their President. The author used so many historical facts that I would recommend all students and history teachers to read this book.
dianne

Roth's newest book is truly amazing. It swept me along in multiply waves of fear, terror and mystery. Was the historic Lindbergh as strong a supporter of fascism and isolationism as he is portrayed here? Now I must get back to some serious history reading to find out. Do NOT miss this novel.
lisa

excellent book,absolutely believable well written you feel like tyou are there. Very enjoyable book
Anonymous

Trite, difficult to continue to read. Revising history is cheap. Then again my strong first reaction may be more about what just occurred in the American election and the strong implications for our time.
neil safeer

I found the book to be extremely depressing, considering there is enough written about the real holocaust, without a make-believe one being created. The book was probably well written, since I had to stop reading it, because it so emotionally draining. If it were not for my book club choosing the book as its selection, I never would have read it in the first place.

• Book Jacket: Golden Hill
    Golden Hill
    by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...
    by Paulette Jiles
    Paulette Jiles brings the landscape of late 19th century Texas to life in this novel long-listed for...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow

The Library of Light and Shadow by M.J. Rose

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O