Reader reviews and comments on The Falls, plus links to write your own review.

The Falls

by Joyce Carol Oates

The Falls by Joyce Carol Oates

Sep 2004, 400 pages
    Aug 2005, 512 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Falls

Naval Langa (08/12/05)

Lucid prose
To start a novel with a disaster is a novelty that is fading its shine perhaps. But the licidity of the prose the author, Joyce Carol Oates has poured onto the pages is wonderful. Its a page turning one.
Coventry (11/02/04)

A good book overall. The detail went on and on at times and I found myself skipping over it. This story covers a long period of time, so it is a little long. This is the first book I have read by this author, and I would probably read another.

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

They say that in the end truth will triumph, but it's a lie.

O My D B