MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Know-It-All, plus links to write your own review.

The Know-It-All

Sep 2004, 400 pages
    Oct 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Know-It-All

jiwon

i find this book very interesting to read. it's not ordinary novels or stories that we are all fameliar with, the short stories about his life are extremely funny.
Sarah

I really loved this book! I think it has to be the best light read I've come across in a long time, if not ever. Every time I picked it up, it put a smile on my face. I even started reading only a couple of pages at a time, because I didn't want it to end. Basically, if it sounds at all interesting to you, read it.
Christy

This is really one of the best books I've read in a long time! It really is laugh-out loud funny but oh, so educational. It's the "good parts" version of the Encylopedia Britannica with witty real-life commentary thrown in.
Robyn

Hysterically funny and still educational; intellectual and yet deeply pragmatic; capable of citing both Real World and Renoir without seeming to favor one over the other. I enjoyed everything about the book. Great for people who like, as A.J. would put it, "both Homers" -- Simpson and the "blind poet."
CHAD MULLINS

While I found this book interesting and the concept worthy of my attention; the spelling errors were distracting. I may have committed some grammatical errors in this review, but I am not a professional writer. My point is that a book by a writer celebrating knowledge and the pursuit of it should at least be edited for spelling errors.

For example: It only took me a few seconds to copy the above paragraph into a word processor and find that I had spelled a word wrong. I fixed it; the editor for this book should have done the same. Even the general guidelines for this review suggest proper spelling.

Chad Mullins
Boise Idaho

• Book Jacket: Little Gods
    Little Gods
    by Meng Jin
    Little Gods, Meng Jin's intricate, emotionally intelligent debut, opens with a scene in which ...
  • Book Jacket: The Truants
    The Truants
    by Kate Weinberg
    The Truants opens with Jess Walker, a first-year university student in Norfolk, England, ...
  • Book Jacket: The End of the Ocean
    The End of the Ocean
    by Maja Lunde
    In The History of Bees, her debut novel for adults, internationally bestselling Norwegian writer ...
  • Book Jacket: Heart of Junk
    Heart of Junk
    by Luke Geddes
    In Luke Geddes' debut novel, The Heart of America is the largest year-round antique mall in Kansas, ...

Cartier's Hope
    by M. J. Rose

A Gilded Age gem of ambition & betrayal from the author of New York Times bestseller, Tiffany Blues.

Remembrance
    by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

American Dirt
by Jeanine Cummins

"American Dirt is a Grapes of Wrath for our times."
—Don Winslow

Win Sounds Like Titanic

"The definition of an overdeliver." —Vox

"A tricky, unnerving, consistently fascinating memoir."
Kirkus, starred review