MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Know-It-All, plus links to write your own review.

The Know-It-All

Sep 2004, 400 pages
    Oct 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Know-It-All

jiwon

i find this book very interesting to read. it's not ordinary novels or stories that we are all fameliar with, the short stories about his life are extremely funny.
Sarah

I really loved this book! I think it has to be the best light read I've come across in a long time, if not ever. Every time I picked it up, it put a smile on my face. I even started reading only a couple of pages at a time, because I didn't want it to end. Basically, if it sounds at all interesting to you, read it.
Christy

This is really one of the best books I've read in a long time! It really is laugh-out loud funny but oh, so educational. It's the "good parts" version of the Encylopedia Britannica with witty real-life commentary thrown in.
Robyn

Hysterically funny and still educational; intellectual and yet deeply pragmatic; capable of citing both Real World and Renoir without seeming to favor one over the other. I enjoyed everything about the book. Great for people who like, as A.J. would put it, "both Homers" -- Simpson and the "blind poet."
CHAD MULLINS

While I found this book interesting and the concept worthy of my attention; the spelling errors were distracting. I may have committed some grammatical errors in this review, but I am not a professional writer. My point is that a book by a writer celebrating knowledge and the pursuit of it should at least be edited for spelling errors.

For example: It only took me a few seconds to copy the above paragraph into a word processor and find that I had spelled a word wrong. I fixed it; the editor for this book should have done the same. Even the general guidelines for this review suggest proper spelling.

Chad Mullins
Boise Idaho

The Flight Portfolio
    by Julie Orringer
    At once a sweeping historical narrative, an insightful character study and a tender romance, Julie ...
  • Book Jacket: The Color of Air
    The Color of Air
    by Gail Tsukiyama
    Daniel was raised in Hilo, Hawaii by Japanese immigrant parents. Having traveled to the U.S. ...
    The Volunteer
    by Jack Fairweather
    Though many found The Volunteer a challenging read, First Impressions responses were overwhelmingly ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Flight
    The Last Flight
    by Julie Clark
    Julie Clark's second novel, The Last Flight, is the tale of two women, each desperate to escape an ...

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

The Woman Before Wallis
    by Bryn Turnbull

The true story of the American divorcée who captured the Prince's heart before Wallis.

The Last Flight
by Julie Clark

The story of two women and one agonizing decision that will change the trajectory of both of their lives.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M