Reader reviews and comments on The Mapmaker's Wife, plus links to write your own review.

The Mapmaker's Wife

A True Tale of Love, Murder and Survival in the Amazon

by Robert Whitaker

The Mapmaker's Wife by Robert Whitaker

Apr 2004, 288 pages
    Dec 2004, 368 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Mapmaker's Wife

johanna angermeyer- author

Confusion over Cajabamba not author's fault.
There is a Cajabamba in Peru, and there is also one in Ecuador.
Caja probably comes from the old Quechua word caxas which means "cold" and bamba means "territory". There are obviously "cold territories" in both Ecuador and Peru.
senior2011!

to mr. or mrs. Peru?
This is not a review: I’m not trying to be mean but in reference to the person with the negative review of the book, page one, chapter one, of my copy, says “Today the Ecuadorian village of Cajabamba…”, meaning to say that the location of that town is in fact in Ecuador, not Peru, right? I just happened to read the review and turn to that page and read this line.
thanks
Mauricio Cifuentes

Peru?
It is in fact a very interesting story,unfortunately, the many mistakes found in this book such as locating Cajabamba in Peru takes credibility out of the writer and making the book itself a poor deliver of the truth.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed
    by Jeffrey Lent

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers