What readers think of Inside The Kingdom, plus links to write your own review.

Inside The Kingdom

Jul 2004, 224 pages

Jun 2005, 224 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Inside The Kingdom

kate lessig

I could not put this book down. With compelling honesty and clarity Carmen Bin Ladin tells the story of how women for the love of a husband and children can bit by bit be swallowed by the powers that sustain their lives. Yet it is the triumph of her passion for personal freedom and her children's future where the author finds her true strength.
Suzanne Horne

This book should be read by everyone in America for
a comprehensive understanding of the country.
I lived in Riyadh for 5 years and agree with everything
in the book. Even with a U.S. government umbrella, it is a very difficult place for westerners
to live , especially women.

Suzanne Horne Phoenix, AZ
louise

Truth
I found the writing simple and non sensationalist. This lady was not trying to create a literary masterpiece. the content was the truth .As one who worked for the Bin Ladens during the 90's inside and outside of KSA i admire the author in her quest to tell the facts!
Prof Dr.Saadia Afzal

Cashing in on the name.
Based upon excerpts of the book, one thing is clear - book is about her connection with Osama bin Laden. Would not have written if she had not any connection with bin Laden family. Accepting this book is literally due to the fact she was divorced/separated from Osama’s brother, plus publisher must have approached her as she was connected to bin Laden family.
in-love-with-literature

There was nothing spectacular about either the content or the style. A rather simple expression of emotions that were supposedly evoked by the author's life in Saudi Arabia. A well written piece of literature makes one sympathize with even the villians in the story; this book was overshadowed by a hatred and contempt for Saudi life without "true" sympathy for those who suffered under a fundamentalistic, patriarchal society.
kjhlkjhl

it was okay

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery
  • Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia