What readers think of Fish, plus links to write your own review.

Fish

Jun 2003, 192 pages

There are currently 8 reader reviews for Fish

Ariane Cadiz

fish
It was a great story! The story starts the day that their family told him they must leave their adopted home. The soldiers and the drought they barely had enough to eat and they could no longer stay to help the people in the village. Before they leaving he saw a fish in a puddle and he knew he had to take it...
Mrs. Diaz

Great Discussions!
I am using this book for the Global Read Aloud and found this book to be great for discussions about gender assumptions and bias (since the gender of Tiger is never revealed it provided) and could be a good topic for an argument essay.
anyomous

Great
I read this book a little while ago and i didn't know what to expect. This book turned out to be in my top 2 favorite books. Its a great thriller and a great adventure about a kid and his fish. This book never made me unamused. I loved the compassion between a boy and a fish. Such a loyal boy.
Nate

A great book
I had to read this book for school, and it was way better than I thought it would be. Vivid imagery of a life in a country experiencing Civil War and the innocent people who get trapped behind the boarders. A great story about hope and survival.
Tyler

This book was great. It was my favorite book.
Cathy

A moving tale, simply written. It uses imagery to illuminate a deeper meaning in the story. The main character, Tiger is cleverly not penned as either male or female. Tiger has the refreshing innocence of seeking to save a small fish while traveling on a perilous journey. The family are aid workers now escaping a civil war in an unnamed developing country. Like the narrow treacherous path being traveled, the story winds and slips into one danger after another. It is written with realism and also hope. Would assist children seeking an understanding of developing countries, civil war, aid workers and the live of a refugee. I also highly recommend it for boys or girls who are relectant readers. They will love the action!
ananya

it was agreat book but a little more sensory details and more imagery and the guide did a lot but didnt recieve much credit
Jane

It was Ok but I didn't understand why it was called fish?

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide