Reader reviews and comments on Beneath a Marble Sky, plus links to write your own review.

Beneath a Marble Sky

by John Shors

Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors

Jun 2004, 325 pages
    Jun 2006, 352 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Beneath a Marble Sky

Sandy W (12/22/09)

Good book on the Taj Mahal
I loved this book. It was wonderful to learn something about the history of the Taj Mahal. Well written and a page-turner.
Manda (07/16/09)

Beneath a Marble Sky
I have read this book more than a few times and each time I read it, it seems to get better and better. While it may not be completely historically accurate it is a beautiful love story. It brings me to tears, and I always feel as though I am there in the moment with Jahanara. This is by far one of the best books I have ever read.
Susan LeBourg (06/03/09)

Not on par with the Taj Mahal
While this novel has an interesting story, I am sorry to say that I think it is poorly written. It is full of short, choppy sentences, and the dialogue is often trite and anachronistic.
It does not accurately portray the life of women in Indian society at the time. Women from aristocratic backgrounds did not interact on free and easy terms with people below them. The history is distorted. Jahanara did not marry or have children. In fact, Mughal princesses were not allowed to marry. Moreover, Jahanara made peace with her brother after their father's death, and assumed an important place in his court.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some to be chewed on and digested.

O My D B