Reader reviews and comments on Beneath a Marble Sky, plus links to write your own review.

by John Shors

Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors

Jun 2004, 325 pages
    Jun 2006, 352 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Beneath a Marble Sky

Meg Keelly

Beneath a Marble Sky
John Shors was able to present a history lesson in a way that would make any person want to study the Taj Mahal. I am often surprised when people say they will only read nonfiction books. I don't think they realize how well researched a great piece of fiction is and the amount of education that can be gained from reading it. From page one I could not put this book down.
Manda

Beneath a Marble Sky
I have read this book more than a few times and each time I read it, it seems to get better and better. While it may not be completely historically accurate it is a beautiful love story. It brings me to tears, and I always feel as though I am there in the moment with Jahanara. This is by far one of the best books I have ever read.
Sandy W

Good book on the Taj Mahal
I loved this book. It was wonderful to learn something about the history of the Taj Mahal. Well written and a page-turner.
Susan LeBourg

Not on par with the Taj Mahal
While this novel has an interesting story, I am sorry to say that I think it is poorly written. It is full of short, choppy sentences, and the dialogue is often trite and anachronistic.
It does not accurately portray the life of women in Indian society at the time. Women from aristocratic backgrounds did not interact on free and easy terms with people below them. The history is distorted. Jahanara did not marry or have children. In fact, Mughal princesses were not allowed to marry. Moreover, Jahanara made peace with her brother after their father's death, and assumed an important place in his court.

• Book Jacket: Good Me Bad Me

by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F