Reader reviews and comments on Crossing California, plus links to write your own review.

Crossing California

by Adam Langer

Crossing California by Adam Langer

Jun 2004, 448 pages
    May 2005, 512 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Crossing California

Stacy M (12/27/04)

I really LOVED this book. It was not a quick read, but i was so happy for its length. I felt like i was there in chicago. Incredible vivid descriptions and charachter development. Read this book!
Anonymous (08/17/04)

I am one of those people who vastly prefers character development to plot, and if you are like me, I'm certain you will find "Crossing California" to be an outstanding book. The members of three families struggle to find their way in 1970's. The haves and the have nots interact with each other as they cross California Avenue, a street that divides the two segments of a Chicago neighborhood. There is a good deal of humor, yet it is a bittersweet humor. One character is meant for us to love, and as a reader, I did. However the others, who are far more flawed, also evoke strong feelings. I was saddened when I finished the book, having the feeling of losing the characters who were like friends. It took me two days before I wanted to read anything else. I needed to savor these characters, before moving on to others.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Y S M B, I'll S Y