Reader reviews and comments on Crossing California, plus links to write your own review.

Crossing California

by Adam Langer

Crossing California by Adam Langer X
Crossing California by Adam Langer

Jun 2004, 448 pages
    May 2005, 512 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Crossing California

Stacy M

I really LOVED this book. It was not a quick read, but i was so happy for its length. I felt like i was there in chicago. Incredible vivid descriptions and charachter development. Read this book!
Anonymous

I am one of those people who vastly prefers character development to plot, and if you are like me, I'm certain you will find "Crossing California" to be an outstanding book. The members of three families struggle to find their way in 1970's. The haves and the have nots interact with each other as they cross California Avenue, a street that divides the two segments of a Chicago neighborhood. There is a good deal of humor, yet it is a bittersweet humor. One character is meant for us to love, and as a reader, I did. However the others, who are far more flawed, also evoke strong feelings. I was saddened when I finished the book, having the feeling of losing the characters who were like friends. It took me two days before I wanted to read anything else. I needed to savor these characters, before moving on to others.

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown