Reader reviews and comments on Birds Without Wings, plus links to write your own review.

Birds Without Wings

by Louis de Bernieres

Birds Without Wings by Louis de Bernieres X
Birds Without Wings by Louis de Bernieres

Aug 2004, 576 pages
    Jun 2005, 576 pages

There is 1 reader review for Birds Without Wings

Maureen

Good story but maybe a little too long
I really enjoyed this book. I liked that each chapter was a little story about the various characters in the book (and there are many). My only complaint was that it did get a little long and tedious especially towards the end. I had to keep looking towards the beginning of the book to refresh my memory on characters. But overall worth the read, and especially enjoyable if you like historical fiction.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R