Reader reviews and comments on The Dew Breaker, plus links to write your own review.

by Edwidge Danticat

The Dew Breaker by Edwidge Danticat X
The Dew Breaker by Edwidge Danticat

Mar 2004, 256 pages
    Mar 2005, 256 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Dew Breaker

Justerow

A beautifully written work. Danticat is a writer that never lets you down and never end her works the way you expect.
Tom Lyler

The Dew Breaker
I really enjoyed all the stories in this book. Many of these stories helped me to see in a different perspective of countries like Haiti and such. This whole book revolves around theme, motifs, and symbols which makes it that much better. Danticat uses her knowledge and experience of the corrupt Haitian Government to enhance the essence of the book. With her knowledge and her passion for writing, she is able to pull through a masterpiece. I really do recommend this book to everyone it is simply a masterpiece of Danticat.
Shalonda Hutchins

My overall opinion of THE Dew Breaker
This book shows yet another aspect of how Haiti is and was ruled during that time and the present. This book also shows how a man that is a father and a husband can lead a double life without anyone suspecting that he is a part of the non consiousness of the haitian government. This also opens up alot of questions that intrigure you to reason and think about what you are reading.
Melissa Beauvery

This book will bring out emotions that you never know you posessed. Beautifully written with a powerful yet subtle ending. Excellent I feel a sequel coming involving the characters in the book. Its so moving it brings tears to your eyes. I just wish the book was longer.

Melissa Beauvery
Age : 17
binker

The concept was good but she could have done more with it. A bit too short to get at all attached to the story.
Murraymint

The Dew Breaker
This book is not engaging me at all I'm afraid.
I am 90% done with it, and can honestly say that not one character has interested me enough to want to read more about them. The links between chapters are tenuous, and the whole story feels shallow.

Sorry!

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

Where the Light Enters
by Sara Donati

An enthralling epic about two trailblazing female doctors in 19th century New York.

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R