MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Dew Breaker, plus links to write your own review.

by Edwidge Danticat

The Dew Breaker by Edwidge Danticat X
The Dew Breaker by Edwidge Danticat

Mar 2004, 256 pages
    Mar 2005, 256 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Dew Breaker

Justerow

A beautifully written work. Danticat is a writer that never lets you down and never end her works the way you expect.
Tom Lyler

The Dew Breaker
I really enjoyed all the stories in this book. Many of these stories helped me to see in a different perspective of countries like Haiti and such. This whole book revolves around theme, motifs, and symbols which makes it that much better. Danticat uses her knowledge and experience of the corrupt Haitian Government to enhance the essence of the book. With her knowledge and her passion for writing, she is able to pull through a masterpiece. I really do recommend this book to everyone it is simply a masterpiece of Danticat.
Shalonda Hutchins

My overall opinion of THE Dew Breaker
This book shows yet another aspect of how Haiti is and was ruled during that time and the present. This book also shows how a man that is a father and a husband can lead a double life without anyone suspecting that he is a part of the non consiousness of the haitian government. This also opens up alot of questions that intrigure you to reason and think about what you are reading.
Melissa Beauvery

This book will bring out emotions that you never know you posessed. Beautifully written with a powerful yet subtle ending. Excellent I feel a sequel coming involving the characters in the book. Its so moving it brings tears to your eyes. I just wish the book was longer.

Melissa Beauvery
Age : 17
binker

The concept was good but she could have done more with it. A bit too short to get at all attached to the story.
Murraymint

The Dew Breaker
This book is not engaging me at all I'm afraid.
I am 90% done with it, and can honestly say that not one character has interested me enough to want to read more about them. The links between chapters are tenuous, and the whole story feels shallow.

Sorry!

• Book Jacket: Pew
    Pew
    by Catherine Lacey
    A quote often attributed to Leo Tolstoy states that "All great literature is one of two stories; a ...
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for an Echo
    Waiting for an Echo
    by Christine Montross
    Dr. Christine Montross had been a practicing psychiatrist for nearly a decade when she decided to ...
    The Flight Portfolio
    by Julie Orringer
    At once a sweeping historical narrative, an insightful character study and a tender romance, Julie ...
  • Book Jacket: The Color of Air
    The Color of Air
    by Gail Tsukiyama
    Daniel was raised in Hilo, Hawaii by Japanese immigrant parents. Having traveled to the U.S. ...

The Woman Before Wallis
    by Bryn Turnbull

The true story of the American divorcée who captured the Prince's heart before Wallis.

Hieroglyphics
    by Jill McCorkle

A mesmerizing novel about piecing together the hieroglyphics of history and memory.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo
by Christy Lefteri

This moving, intimate, and beautifully written novel puts human faces on the Syrian war.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M