Reader reviews and comments on The Dew Breaker, plus links to write your own review.

by Edwidge Danticat

The Dew Breaker by Edwidge Danticat X
The Dew Breaker by Edwidge Danticat

Mar 2004, 256 pages
    Mar 2005, 256 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Dew Breaker

Justerow

A beautifully written work. Danticat is a writer that never lets you down and never end her works the way you expect.
Tom Lyler

The Dew Breaker
I really enjoyed all the stories in this book. Many of these stories helped me to see in a different perspective of countries like Haiti and such. This whole book revolves around theme, motifs, and symbols which makes it that much better. Danticat uses her knowledge and experience of the corrupt Haitian Government to enhance the essence of the book. With her knowledge and her passion for writing, she is able to pull through a masterpiece. I really do recommend this book to everyone it is simply a masterpiece of Danticat.
Shalonda Hutchins

My overall opinion of THE Dew Breaker
This book shows yet another aspect of how Haiti is and was ruled during that time and the present. This book also shows how a man that is a father and a husband can lead a double life without anyone suspecting that he is a part of the non consiousness of the haitian government. This also opens up alot of questions that intrigure you to reason and think about what you are reading.
Melissa Beauvery

This book will bring out emotions that you never know you posessed. Beautifully written with a powerful yet subtle ending. Excellent I feel a sequel coming involving the characters in the book. Its so moving it brings tears to your eyes. I just wish the book was longer.

Melissa Beauvery
Age : 17
binker

The concept was good but she could have done more with it. A bit too short to get at all attached to the story.
Murraymint

The Dew Breaker
This book is not engaging me at all I'm afraid.
I am 90% done with it, and can honestly say that not one character has interested me enough to want to read more about them. The links between chapters are tenuous, and the whole story feels shallow.

Sorry!

• Book Jacket: The Stationery Shop
    The Stationery Shop
    by Marjan Kamali
    My favorite literature creates worlds that I cannot visit in person. Marjan Kamali's The Stationery...
  • Book Jacket: Wilder Girls
    Wilder Girls
    by Rory Power
    In Rory Power's Wilder Girls, the Raxter School for Girls, located on Raxter Island off the coast of...
  • Book Jacket: Inland
    Inland
    by Téa Obreht
    It's 1893 and the sparsely populated settlement of Amargo, deep in the Arizona Territory, is ...
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

Ellie and the Harpmaker
    by Hazel Prior

A rich, heartwarming and charming debut novel about finding love in unexpected places.

Book Club
The Overstory
by Richard Powers

"Monumental… A gigantic fable of genuine truths."—Barbara Kingsolver, The New York Times Book Review

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Crudo

Crudo by Olivia Laing

A brilliant, funny, and emphatically raw novel of love on the brink of the apocalypse.

S A A B In A R