Reader reviews and comments on The Jane Austen Book Club, plus links to write your own review.

The Jane Austen Book Club

by Karen Joy Fowler

The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler

Apr 2004, 288 pages
    May 2005, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Jane Austen Book Club

Power Reviewer Melissa (06/18/08)

Disappointed
I read this because of all the hype surrounding it especially for book clubs. I can't say I was overly impressed. I've read similar books that had better character development and more exciting plots. The ending was disappointingly predictable. Though the read was easy even with the flashbacks and with the lack of explanation of the Austin references, it has sparked my desire to read the classic novels!
Robert (05/04/05)

Syrupy Chick Book
Shallow characters and syrupy story line without much plot leaves the reader without much substance. Don't expect anything like the depth of "Reading Lolita in Tehran." Comic novel according to the NYT.

If you want a predictable plot, sugar sweet ending (requires suspension of credulity), and hum drum story, this one is for you.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

It is always darkest just before the day dawneth

O My D B