Reader reviews and comments on The Jane Austen Book Club, plus links to write your own review.

The Jane Austen Book Club

May 2005, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Jane Austen Book Club

Melissa

Disappointed
I read this because of all the hype surrounding it especially for book clubs. I can't say I was overly impressed. I've read similar books that had better character development and more exciting plots. The ending was disappointingly predictable. Though the read was easy even with the flashbacks and with the lack of explanation of the Austin references, it has sparked my desire to read the classic novels!
Robert

Syrupy Chick Book
Shallow characters and syrupy story line without much plot leaves the reader without much substance. Don't expect anything like the depth of "Reading Lolita in Tehran." Comic novel according to the NYT.

If you want a predictable plot, sugar sweet ending (requires suspension of credulity), and hum drum story, this one is for you.

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Other People's Houses