MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, plus links to write your own review.

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

by David Sedaris

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris X
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris

Jun 2004, 272 pages
    May 2005, 272 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

Linn

He puts the fun in dysfunction!
A brilliantly funny book that proves you can have a very unfunny childhood and still laugh about it ( after the fact!). His dry wit and turn of a phrase left me smiling. I felt like I knew him and his family. He puts the fun in dysfunction and came out a survivor!
Absolutely Satisfied

A Must-Read
After reading this book, it has flown to the top of my top favorites list. Hilarious, touching, and brutally honest, I found this to be a completely captivating compilation of well written stories.

At my age, 14, this kind of humor is all I expect out of a book. My mom was listening to it in the car on the way to camp, and I didn't get what was so funny, but then three years later, I'm here, listening to it and I hardly have enough breath left to talk.
MG

This is laugh-out-loud funny - a terrific read!
Alex

Hilarious
This book comes with many laughs. Although I never got the whole naked barbie doll for a cover. I remember I started this book in a waiting room. I guess its odd watching a 14 year old girl laughing out loud while reading a book with a naked barbie doll going on.
Rho

I was expecting a lot of laughs from this book. Many people said it was very funny. I found it very sad, and felt sorry for him. The family life was not funny to me. It is a dysfunctional family, which I have found ALL families are. But to dump all your dirty stuff out; I just did not 'get' the humor. I would be very upset if it were my brother doing these about me. I must be too sensitve, but I am glad. I know his writing style is not for me, LOL. Our bookclub chose this one. I did finish it also, so give myself credit for that! :)

Rho 40yr old female

• Book Jacket: Sleepovers
    Sleepovers
    by Ashleigh Bryant Phillips
    In Ashleigh Bryant Phillips' debut story collection, Sleepovers, it can be difficult to keep tabs on...
    The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    by Christy Lefteri
    In Christy Lefteri's sophomore novel, The Beekeeper of Aleppo, the author introduces readers to ...
    Cantoras
    by Carolina De Robertis
    Cantoras by Carolina De Robertis follows five characters who share a house, troubles, joys and parts...
  • Book Jacket: Daughters Of Smoke & Fire
    Daughters Of Smoke & Fire
    by Ava Homa
    Ava Homa's debut novel begins with an epigraph by Sherko Bekas, a Kurdish poet, the last lines of ...

The Voyage of the Morning Light
    by Marina Endicott

A sweeping novel set aboard a merchant ship sailing through the South Pacific in 1912.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo
by Christy Lefteri

This moving, intimate, and beautifully written novel puts human faces on the Syrian war.

Win Of Bears and Ballots

An Alaskan Adventure in Small-Town Politics

A charming account of holding local office with an entertaining, quirky cast of characters.

A S Louder T W