Reader reviews and comments on Guardian of The Horizon, plus links to write your own review.

Guardian of The Horizon

by Elizabeth Peters

Guardian of The Horizon by Elizabeth Peters

Mar 2004, 416 pages
    Apr 2005, 416 pages

There is 1 reader review for Guardian of The Horizon

Kirconnell (08/26/07)

Shades of H. Rider Haggard
The first time that I started an Amelia Peabody adventure I thought that it wasn't for me, but soon the quirky, tongue in cheek style had me hooked. Now I look forward to each new novel expectantly. This "lost chronicle" is an excellent example of Peters work featuring a lost city, exotic locals, and an interesting plot.. Think of H. Rider Haggard and the other adventure writers of the 19th and early 20th century. It isn't a book to fly through like modern thrillers, but a book to be savored and enjoyed at an easy pace. I recommend that you start at the beginning of the series in order to be introduced to this most unique and appealing family.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

K Your F C