Reader reviews and comments on Signal and Noise, plus links to write your own review.

Signal and Noise

by John Griesemer

Signal and Noise by John Griesemer X
Signal and Noise by John Griesemer

Apr 2003, 640 pages
    Apr 2004, 593 pages

There is 1 reader review for Signal and Noise

Paul - BookBrowse.com

Good book - riveting, fast-paced read. Very evocative of the era, with lots of detail which brings that part of history to vibrant life.

So why did I mark it so low? It is the mixture of fact and fiction that bothers me. The factual events were in themselves fascinating - but this book weaves in so much fiction, so much detail, that the line between reality and the author's imagination is blurred and becomes distracting. This could have been simply addressed by a forward, or an appendix, which clarifies what really happened, and what was fictional.

I would suggest you read this book in the mindset that is is a historical novel, rotating arround true events. A lost opportunity to bring a real life drama to life; but an enjoyable read set against a colourful context.

• Book Jacket: American Histories
    by Madeline Miller

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya

A riveting story of dislocation, survival, and the power of stories to break or save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes