Reader reviews and comments on Signal and Noise, plus links to write your own review.

Signal and Noise

by John Griesemer

Signal and Noise by John Griesemer X
Signal and Noise by John Griesemer

Apr 2003, 640 pages
    Apr 2004, 593 pages

There is 1 reader review for Signal and Noise

Paul - BookBrowse.com

Good book - riveting, fast-paced read. Very evocative of the era, with lots of detail which brings that part of history to vibrant life.

So why did I mark it so low? It is the mixture of fact and fiction that bothers me. The factual events were in themselves fascinating - but this book weaves in so much fiction, so much detail, that the line between reality and the author's imagination is blurred and becomes distracting. This could have been simply addressed by a forward, or an appendix, which clarifies what really happened, and what was fictional.

I would suggest you read this book in the mindset that is is a historical novel, rotating arround true events. A lost opportunity to bring a real life drama to life; but an enjoyable read set against a colourful context.

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...

A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi

A powerful portrait of a young Ugandan girl and her family.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O