What readers think of Mao's Last Dancer, plus links to write your own review.

by Li Cunxin

Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin X
Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin

Mar 2004, 444 pages

Mar 2005, 480 pages

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Mao's Last Dancer

Lynchy

Wonderful
This is an awesome story and would recommend this to anybody, it's well written and very inspiring.
lewis

Mao's Last Dancer
Very, very good, certainly a must read. Amazing recount of a very fortunate life, very inspiring, Li Cunxin's determination is so admirable.
SaDe

A fairytale come true..
Mao's last dancer is one of the best books I have ever read. It encouraged me to make my dreams come true what ever it takes. I want to thank my English teacher for making me read this book. It's an awesome book!!
Lily

Mao's Last Dancer
Mao's last dancer is a great book and very interesting. This book is wonderful to read and is the type of book you can't put down until you are finished and then when you do finish you want to read more. I loved this book and I hope that many people after me that read it find it as good I did.
Lily
&heats; I think...

This book was..
Awesome. I loved it. It has something for everyone. You don't have to LOVE ballet to be able to enjoy this book because it is about so much more than that. It has all the components of a fantastic novel for all ages. I strongly recommend this book.
sheasanborn

Honest, forthright and fascinating story.
Li Cunxin weaves a fascinating tale of a simple soul in a complex time who rises to from poverty and ignorance to unimaginable heights of excitement and achievement. What a story.

The fact that this is a true memoir, written bravely and honestly, adds to the impact on the reader. This is an important, as well as an entertaining, read.
Olivia

Mao's Last Dancer
I loved it!! This is by far the best book that I have ever read. Although it is a good read and has fantastic description it is extremely sad. The poverty and hardship that Mao and his family had to go through was so terrible and i can't even begin to imagine this lifestyle. I felt so sorry for Mao throughout the majority of the book until Iwas so happy that Mao finally got some luck in his life. The fantastic writing creating great realistic pictures in your head as you read it. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone.
GeOgIE gIrL

Wonderful
Mao's last dancer was such a good book, it was one of the books thati read in the MS read-a-thon, I finished it just in time and decided to read it a second time!
It is in such great detail and and i could visulise every single line!!!
I have advised Mao's last dancer to everyone i know, i just want every one to know what a great book it is and how hard people had to work to live a life of ease and peace!

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: Bad Cree
    Bad Cree
    by Jessica Johns
    Jessica Johns' debut novel Bad Cree was inspired by her desire to disprove the idea, suggested by an...
  • Book Jacket: The Terraformers
    The Terraformers
    by Annalee Newitz
    Sask-E is a planet that Verdance, a major terraforming company, has big plans for. Their business is...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Pirate
    The Light Pirate
    by Lily Brooks-Dalton
    The lynchpin of The Light Pirate by Lily Brooks-Dalton, a novel split into four parts, is the main ...
  • Book Jacket: The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    by Franny Choi
    Calamity can cohabit with joy, and you and I have, on some plane, accepted that absurd reality. We ...

The Love of My Life
by Rosie Walsh
An up-all-night love story wrapped in a mystery from the New York Times bestselling author of Ghosted.

Members Recommend

The Critic's Daughter
    by Priscilla Gilman

An exquisitely rendered portrait of a unique father-daughter relationship and a moving memoir of family and identity.

This Other Eden
    by Paul Harding

A novel inspired by the true story of Malaga Island from the Pulitzer Prize–winning author of Tinkers.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win French Braid

French Braid
by Anne Tyler

From the beloved Pulitzer Prize–winning author, a joyful journey deep into one Baltimore family's foibles.

It's A G T Me