Reader reviews and comments on Good Grief, plus links to write your own review.

Good Grief

Apr 2005, 360 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Good Grief

Mary

Totally entertaining
I loved this book. It made me laugh out loud and I have shared it with all my friends and family. I think Lolly did a wonderful job and can't wait to read more of her work.
Mamacita

This book was laugh out loud funny! Having lived through a similar situation it was unnervingly familiar. It's tough to see the humerous side of death but she really succeeds. Thanks to author Winston for bringing back the memories and moments--both the tears and the laughs!!
Melissa

Surviving the quicksand
At first I disliked this book, because it seemed to be going nowhere. There was little plot, there was little character development, it felt repetitive. Yet, I continued on and I'm glad I did. I realized that the book was the epitome of the grief the main character was going through. I'm sure after such a devastating loss you would feel like your life was in quicksand. Everything moves in slow motion, you find little meaning, the mundane becomes overwhelming. You can't hurry up and move on, you must be patient and carefully ease your way out of the muck you are stuck in. I'm glad that I continued reading, as I found myself connecting to the character like a friend; wanting the best for her.
Jody

Whatever!
This book started out on the right track. Winston's portrayal of grief was rather engaging. Then the hijinx begin. Every trendy element of modern society is covered. I found the year after the heiress' husbands death highly unbelievable and ridiculous. I only laughed aloud once and felt like crying after I finished it, since I really felt it was a waste of my time.

• Book Jacket: The Body
    The Body
    by Bill Bryson
    Many of Bill Bryson's fans first became familiar with his work through his autobiographical travel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Price We Pay
    The Price We Pay
    by Marty Makary
    The Hippocratic Oath is one of the oldest affidavits in history, originating in ancient Greece. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Fountains of Silence
    The Fountains of Silence
    by Ruta Sepetys
    The Spanish Civil War and its aftermath was a complicated period in history. The issues each side ...
  • Book Jacket: Curious Toys
    Curious Toys
    by Elizabeth Hand
    In Curious Toys, Elizabeth Hand tells the story of Vivian, a 14-year-old girl disguised as a boy ...

Nothing to See Here
    by Kevin Wilson

A moving and uproarious novel about a woman who finds meaning caring for two children with remarkable abilities.

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D