MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Good Grief, plus links to write your own review.

Good Grief

by Lolly Winston

Good Grief

Apr 2004, 448 pages
    Apr 2005, 360 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Good Grief

Power Reviewer Melissa (01/02/07)

Surviving the quicksand
At first I disliked this book, because it seemed to be going nowhere. There was little plot, there was little character development, it felt repetitive. Yet, I continued on and I'm glad I did. I realized that the book was the epitome of the grief the main character was going through. I'm sure after such a devastating loss you would feel like your life was in quicksand. Everything moves in slow motion, you find little meaning, the mundane becomes overwhelming. You can't hurry up and move on, you must be patient and carefully ease your way out of the muck you are stuck in. I'm glad that I continued reading, as I found myself connecting to the character like a friend; wanting the best for her.
Mary (08/04/06)

Totally entertaining
I loved this book. It made me laugh out loud and I have shared it with all my friends and family. I think Lolly did a wonderful job and can't wait to read more of her work.
Jody (07/11/05)

Whatever!
This book started out on the right track. Winston's portrayal of grief was rather engaging. Then the hijinx begin. Every trendy element of modern society is covered. I found the year after the heiress' husbands death highly unbelievable and ridiculous. I only laughed aloud once and felt like crying after I finished it, since I really felt it was a waste of my time.
Mamacita (02/07/05)

This book was laugh out loud funny! Having lived through a similar situation it was unnervingly familiar. It's tough to see the humerous side of death but she really succeeds. Thanks to author Winston for bringing back the memories and moments--both the tears and the laughs!!

The Second Mrs. Hockaday

by Robert Harris
  • Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...

H W S W T Devil S H A L S