Reader reviews and comments on Going To Bend, plus links to write your own review.

Going To Bend

Mar 2005, 320 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Going To Bend

Marisol

Going to Bend
This book was rich with real life touching experiences that I can relate
to. In Rose's character I see my best friend, the one who is always there for me when I need to talk , the one who always offer me her shoulder to cry on, the one who always comes to myrescue and for that I love her, but the true heroine of this book is Petie Coolbaugh.

Petie was such an inspiration to me. She had been to hell and back and yet she keeps on fighting. The hardships she has experienced in her young life has made her tough but it has not broken her. I admire the strength and courage Petie possesses and her ability to weather any storm.

A truly remarkable story that highlights life as an equal balance of joy and pain
Jeff M

Wow- I thought this was a great book! The characters were fully fleshed out and became real people to me and the location of course was a character in itself. Even though Im a city person and nothing similar has ever happened to me, the events seemed plausible and real and immediate. You know it's a good book when you start crying because it's over.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R