What readers think of Slave, plus links to write your own review.

Slave

Jan 2004, 368 pages
    Jun 2005, 352 pages

There are currently 20 reader reviews for Slave

anonymus

this book was an extreme shock and reality check for me. it brought to light the slave trade that is still going on today and the harshness of life under this rule.
Tony Lawrence

In some ways this book was extremely uplifting, the fortitude and courage shown by Mende brings about a feeling that perhaps the world is not such a bad place when good people beat the odds.
However, the other side of the coin is that there are still people out there that regard people of a different colour as some sort of sub species, this attitude should not be allowed to continue and I fervently hope that Mende's account will help to galvanise others into making every effort to smash this trade in human misery.
A cracking read and should be in every school library worldwide.
Well done Mende.
Mel.dan

I think this book is fantastic, it goes to show that some people dont even care and stop to think about how lucky they are whilst others are suffering. Mende is the most strongest person I have ever heard of, to have been through of all that and is still alive. Anyway atleast we know where all those people who treated her bad are going-TO HELL. Mende you know you are going to heaven girl, and one day you will see your family, for sure. She speaks from the heart, and although you may wonder why god has put this upon you, do not worry for god has a plan for all of us. I loved this book from the first time i started readning, it made me cry aswell, as I could almost imagine the kind of torture she must of been through.

5/5
and to mende may your future make up for atleast some of your past.
~* LA *~

A PAGE TURNER

if youve had trouble finding a book lately, that captured your attention (my problem) then by all means, pick up this one. Its well worth the price, and then some.

Its the devastating but true story of one little girl who was kidnapped from her isolated village in the sudan, and forced into slavery as a maid for a wealthy arab family.

Its a tragic story and it must be read by everyone.
I agree with Davina's review in that the one thing lackin is the inclusion of information as to how to become active to combat this problem or even learn more about it.
I also reccomend the site that mr fransic bok works for
(very informative)

OK, so do yourself a favor and
read this book !
today!

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...
  • Book Jacket: Firekeeper's Daughter
    Firekeeper's Daughter
    by Angeline Boulley
    Angeline Boulley's young adult novel Firekeeper's Daughter follows 18-year-old Daunis — ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter in Sokcho
    Winter in Sokcho
    by Elisa Dusapin
    Our unnamed narrator is a young French-Korean woman who works at a guest house in Sokcho, a popular ...
  • Book Jacket: Second Place
    Second Place
    by Rachel Cusk
    Rachel Cusk's Outline trilogy drew much of its substance from monologues and dialogues that swirled ...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

They say that in the end truth will triumph, but it's a lie.

A S I T closet